Chapter 22: Sam

I'm excited to be back at our dormitory. It feels like we haven't seen each other for years, even if its completely different. Alex and me texted non-stop the past days and yesterday, I felt bold enough to call him. It was late and we were both tired and silly. We talked for hours until my phone died.

"My ex broke up with me because I was in love with you," he admitted at some point during our conversation. I could feel the heat rising to my face. This was a thing we hadn't talked about yet.

"Well, I'm definitely going to be a better boyfriend than him," I joked to conceal how surprised I was. I still am. How did his ex know? Am I so oblivious to others people's feelings?

"That's hardly a challenge."

Now, a day later, I'm walking down the path to our dorm when Damien, aka Alex's​ EX-boyfriend, steps into my way. He looks at me expectantly. I stare back. After a few seconds, I clear my throat.

"Excuse me?" I'm not trying to be polite. I'm beyond being polite with him, to be honest.

"I was wondering whether you've seen Alex," he rubs the back of his neck,"I wanted to talk to him."

Does he want to get back with him?  Well, over my dead body.

"No, I haven't seen him," I reply sweetly. "But if you see my boyfriend" -it feels so great to say this- "you might think twice about what you say to him- oh, nevermind there he is."

I let Damien be and run over to Alex. I nearly tackle him instead of hugging him and then I pull him into a slow kiss.

After a few second, Alex breaks away from the kiss. "What was that about?" He looks into the direction I came from. I don't turn.

"He asked whether I had seen you."

Alex laughs. "Jealous much?"

I can't hide my grin. "How could I be jealous? You might have noticed that I'm so much better-looking than he is."

I can feel Alex' smile on my lips. It stays there for quite a long time.