Chapter 16: Sam

A few days later I go home. Ann picks me up and we drive together. I'm really excited about going home but also about meeting Alex in my free time. I feel like texting him instantly, but I think that would be too much. He's looked at me the last days like he's trying to figure me out. I think he might have noticed something but at least that would spare me a lot of way too complicated explaining. I talk to  Ann about it. She is way too excited about it in my opinion.

"Are you gonna tell Mom and Dad?" She asks as we pull into the parking lot in front of our house.

"I don't know," I say, "I'll just see how it goes I think. If it comes up."

"How should you being bisexual come up in a normal conversation?"

I grin a bit. "You never know."

     My other two sisters are already at home. They're both older than me (I hate it). We take our time to unpack our bags and then we all watch a movie together. I really enjoy spending time with my sisters even though I still find myself looking at my phone from time to time.  Ann just smiles. The others don't say anything.

     Later that day I receive a message.

How's home?

And a few seconds later This is Alex.

I smile to myself before I answer.

I thought so. Home is good. Crowded. It usually is. How about you?

Not so crowded. Still good.

     I smile like the idiot I am but before I can answer, Mom calls for dinner. I go downstairs and sit down between Ann and Dad.

"What were you doing?" Mom asks as she sits down.

"Oh. My roommate texted me. Asked how home is," I explain. I suppress a grin.

"What did you say?" One of my sisters asks.

"That I can't wait to get rid of you again. Especially you."

"Sam!" Mom scolds me, "Don't talk to your sister like that when we're having a family dinner."

"So you want me to wait until dinner is over until I say something offensive?"

"Yes. That's how this family works."

     I grin and start eating.

"But Ann said that you had problems with your roommate- what was his name again?" My sister asks now. I glance at Ann but she just shrugs.

"Alex. His name is Alex. And we solved that. It was mostly because his boyfriend was a terrible, terrible person anyway," I explain with a full mouth.

"And how exactly did you solve it?" Mom asks now.

Ann answers for me. "As far as I understand, Sam realised that he was being an asshole because he was jealous of his boyfriend."

Suddenly everyone's looking at me. Thanks Ann, I think. I cough.

"But he's an asshole too. It's not just me. He cheated on Alex."

     Everyone looks less shocked than I thought they would. Mom's the first one to speak.

"Does that mean you're in love with him?"

I say "I guess" the same time Ann says "Obviously!" I shot her a warning glance. Dad puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I know you'll figure it out."

"I hope so."

I really do.