Chapter 2: Sam

There are two ways of being annoyed. The first one is being slightly annoyed, but you're not bothered enough to say or change something about it.

      The second way is being so annoyed, it nearly drives you crazy. At this exact moment, I am still trying to figure out in which of these I should put my gay roommate.

      Alex is actually a quite nice guy and a pleasant person to share a room with. I didn't mind the fact that he's gay either until now.

      Because Alex has a boyfriend now. And he's been hanging out in our room a lot lately. They have been on dates and spend all of their time together and it's pissing me off. When Alex told me he was gay (which was the very first time we met) I told myself to not think about it too much and to not necessarily get changed in front of him. No big deal.

      But now that he has a boyfriend , it turns out that there is a huge difference between someone being theoretically or practically gay. I really never wanted to be that kind of guy but he and his boyfriend are starting to bother me. Right now, they are in our room doing I-don't-wanna-know-what and I left our room to get some fresh air. I walk trough the closest park, get myself a coffee and sit down on a bench.

"I'm not homophobic," is what I'm telling myself. Because I'm really not. I think.

      When I go back to our room, it's already dark outside. I open the door and the first thing I see is Alex and boyfriend on the floor, kissing. I stare at them for a few heartbeats, when Alex notices me standing in the doorway , I want to say something. But instead, I shut the door and leave again.