Chapter 19: Alex

Holy shit. Sam just admitted to being bi. I set my phone on the couch and lean back. This wasn't happening. It was not happening. It was a joke or something. It had to be.

     I stand up phone in hand and go to my room. I get out my best pair of black jeans and my fluffiest pink sweater- I was going to look my best tomorrow. I set them on a chair and rush to get ready to go to bed.

     I woke up in a daze. It took me a few minutes to realize what day it was and what the day would include. I shake my head and spring up from my bed. I rush to get ready and spend at least ten minutes trying to get my hair to look somewhat decent. I give up and decide to get something to eat before I left for Sam's house.

Well good morning, Sunshine. You're looking very happy this morning. my mom signs as I walk into the kitchen.

"I'm going to Sam's today," I say getting myself a glass and going to the fridge.

"Ahh. That's why you're dressed in your 'date sweater'," she says leaning against the counter.

     I feel my face get warm. I forgot that she knew I called it that. Not that I thought that today was a date. I just wanted it to be.

"Can't I just look nice?"

"Sure you can. But you like this Sam boy," she says crossing her arms and grinning smugly.

"Mooom," I groan

"You can't get anything past me. I know everything."

"Everything?"

"Yes. Everything," she says walking over to me "and I know that he likes you to. Or he will. It'll work out between you two," she says putting a hand on my cheek.

"Thank you. I hope so," I say before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and rushing to leave- I was a few minutes behind schedule.

     After an agonizingly slow drive up to Sam's house and a small scare that I had the wrong address I was there. One of Sam's sisters opened the door.

"Saaaaam, there's a cute boy here to see you," she calls out before letting me in. I feel myself blushing a little. I wasn't used to being called cute.

     After a few seconds Sam shows up to greet me. He looked really good- not that he ever looks bad. He was in regular clothes and I started to feel a little nervous- mostly because it was Sam, but also because I was just realizing I probably looked like a giant pink fur ball.

"That's my sister Sarah. She's a huge brat so don't pay her much attention,"

"Whatever. Have fun with your cute boy friend," Sarah says before walking off. I could swear she winked. I could see Sam blush and almost pointed it out before I realized I was doing the same.

     He introduces me to his other two sisters and his parents before taking me to his room. It was exactly how I imagined it- not that I spent a lot of time imagining Sam's bedroom. It looked like the only room Sam would actually belong in. It was nice. I notice Sam's looking at me. I sit down and continue to look around the room. It was either look at the room or look at him. I chose room.

"Your sisters are cool," I finally say.

"They're annoying as hell too," he says laughing a little. I look at him.

"That's not nice."

"Hey, they are. It's how family is. They annoy you but you love them anyway."

"Kinda like me and you then," I say without thinking my words through. I didn't mean anything by it but as soon as I say it I realize how it would sound.

"I didn't mean it like-"

"It's okay," he says chuckling "I knew what you meant."

      I nod and try to laugh it off. Man I was destined to fuck things up for myself. I just hope I can get through the day without anything major happening. Just a normal day. That's all I want. A normal day for once.