Chapter 1

Loneliness... it envelopes you and suffocates you until you feel like you're not breathing anymore.

Loneliness...it drowns you, even when you're not anywhere near water.

Loneliness...it makes you feel as if you've been buried alive, unconnected from the world...waiting for the moment you die.

For me, Tsukishima Kei, I suffer through this everyday. Not that I care. I probably deserve it anyway.

I'm 15 years old, I mainly just listen to music or play volleyball, but I don't really even like those things anymore. I don't have any friends, except for one sort-of friend.

His name is yamaguchi tadashi. We've been friends since our first year of junior high. He's a good person and all but he's not enough to fill the crippling loneliness I feel inside. 

We play for the Karasuno High School Volleyball Club, along with 10 other annoying guys who can't control themselves.

"TSUKKI! TSUKKI!" I hear Tadashi pounding on my bedroom door. " TSUKKI! LET ME IN!"

I pull my blankets over my head and sigh to myself.

Why must he always come around when I'm in such a bad mood?

"Tsukki! If you don't let me in I'm gonna open it with your spare key!"

"I'm not dressed...and I-uh....smell bad. Yeah, i smell bad."

"Tsukki, that has never mattered before, so let me in."

"Damn you and your persistence Tadashi" I slowly came out from underneath my cover for the first time in hours? Maybe it's been days? I slowly unlock the door and tadashi comes in charging at me and tackles me to the ground.

"TSUKKI! Why haven't you been in school in a week?" Has it really been that long? I don't even think I've eaten since then. "Tsukki, have you even gotten out of bed? Are you eating properly?"

"Shut up Tadashi, you know I haven't." I sighed, and pushed him off of me, carefully sliding back under my warm blankets.

"Sorry tsukki!" Tadashi pulled himself off the ground and he jumped on top of my bed, where I was trying to ignore his nagging.

"So why did you come here anyway?" I rolled over to face the wall instead of the disappointed look he was giving me. 

"Because you need to take care of yourself. There's no one around to take care of you, and you haven't been to school or practice in a week."

"Shut up yamaguchi, don't you think I know that?" I glared at him.

Tadashi frowned at the use of his last name. "Get up. Take a long shower. You're coming to my house, I'm going to clean your room for you and make you breakfast while you get ready."

"Do I have to?" Tsukki began to get out of bed, he already knew there were no other options.

"Yes, now hurry and get in the shower, you really do stink!" Tadashi sniggered.

"Shut up, tadashi."

"Sorry tsukki"

Yamaguchi's P.O.V

As soon as tsukki got into the shower I stripped the blankets and sheets off of his bed, I knew he probably hasn't washed them in weeks. I straightened up his bedroom, I threw away the garbage, replaced his sheets and blankets, and swept his floor.

His room wasn't terribly messy, which means it has been a terribly rough week for him. He probably only got out of bed to go to the bathroom.

I made my way to the kitchen, only to find that there is no food at all.

Guess I'd better text atikeru..

To: Atikeru
Hey atikeru, tsukkis gonna come to my house for a few days, he hasn't been out of bed in a week. When you come home again could you pick up some groceries? Or would you like me too?

From: Atikeru
Hi Tadashi! I'm sorry you have to deal with Kei all the time. Thank you for taking care of him. I'll be coming home next weekend and I'll pick up food if he can stay at your house this week.

To: Atikeru
It's no problem atikeru! Tsukki is my friend after all. I just wish I could have my best friend back. But I get he is going through a rough time. Anyway, he can stay with me for the week, maybe it will make him feel better.

From: atikeru
Okay! And yeah, he's taken our parents death pretty bad, and it didn't make it any better that I lied and then dissaperaed but we need to make money somehow. Thanks again Tadashi

To: atikeru
Anytime!

"Who are you texting?" Tsukki walked into the kitchen, showered and dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie. He has terribly black circles around his eyes and his hazel eyes turned to an empty dull green.

"Akiteru"

"Tch" Tsukki clicked his tongue "Don't you find it the slightest bit weird to text my brother?"

"Not when it comes to your health, you don't know how to take care of yourself." I poke his stomach. "So I have to do it for you."

"Shut up, stop lecturing me."

"Sorry tsukki!" I gave him a slight smile. "You're staying the week at my house, you have quite a few clothes at my house so you don't have to pack anything if you don't want to."

"Okay. I guess. But I still don't know why I'm going to your house." Tsukki sighed, while slipping his shoes on, ready to leave anyway.

"I promised atikeru I would take care of you."

"Yeah well I'm not a baby. I don't need you taking care of me." Tsukki turned around and glared at me as he walked out the front door.

"Hey! Salty tsukishima! Don't leave without me!"

"Don't call me that ever again"

"Salty taukishima! Salty taukishima! Salty taukishima!"

"Shut up!!" Tsukki turned around and gave me his death glare.

Eek! Tsukkis scary when he's angry!
"Sorry tsukki"

Tsukki then put his headphones over his ears and slid his hands into his pocket.

Sigh. The monster has taken over my happy tsukki once again.

•Authors note•
~Hola it's ya girl LOG! This sucks ik but I'm gonna try to make it better! Hope you like!!~