Chapter 6

I rested my head on Tadashi's pillow and I set the volleyball up and down.

Up.
Down.
Up.
Down.
Up.
Down.

The sound of the volleyball hitting my finger tips sends a chill down my spine-bringing back a memory of when Tadashi and I first became friends.

Flashback

"Hey! Um thanks for the other day! " The shorter boy bowed to me.

"Um...do I know you?" I awkwardly asked..

"The other day at at the park!" The little green haired boy seemed petrified as he peeked his head around the gymnasium door.

"Oh! Right! So do you play volleyball?"

"Well um.." he twiddled with his fingers, "I wanted to play a sport but there were a lot of scary guys in baseball and basketball, but I think this might be safe."

( I don't know if any of these lines are correct, I'm just reciting this from memory -Log)

"Oh, well you should come in, I could practice with you if you wanted?"

"Really!! I mean...okay sure."

"What's your name, by the way?"

"Yamaguchi Tadashi" He spit out nervously, "what's your name?

"Tsukishima Kei"

--------

"Okay so hold your hands in a triangle shape and when the ball is over your head, use your fingertips to push it foward, up, or back"

"Like this?"

He tossed the ball into the air and it lightly hits his fingertips, making the "th-thump" sound, shooting the ball up far above the net.

"Yep. Just try not to shoot it up so high"

"Th-Thump"

"Better."

"Th-Thump"

"Eh."

"Th-Thump"

"Hey that was actually pretty good!"

"Really?"

"Yeah keep working on it! You can come over to my house sometime if you want to! To you know, practice and stuff"

"Really? You mean that?"

"Yeah! And my brother could help us! He's like the ace at a high school called Karasuno!"

"Your brother is the ace of a powerhouse school? THAT SO COOL."

"It's, I-Its not that c-cool" I chocked over my own words.

End of Flashback

I let the volleyball fall to my fingertips as Tadashi walked into the room, with the dinosaur pillow he promised me yesterday.