Chapter 4 Part 1

Tsukkis P.O.V

A light? Why is there a light shining in my eyes? Am I dead? Why would I be dead? Did I freeze to death?

...I kind of hope so.

The light shifted away from my eyes and I felt a shove on my shoulder.

"Tsukishima, Yamaguchi. Guys wake up."

I felt another nudge on my shoulder and then a tug on my jacket.

Actually this is tadashi's jacket.

Oh my god....isn't he freezing? I'm wearing his jacket!

"Yamaguchi" Whoever was talking sighed and took a deep breath. "HEY! WILL YOU TWO IDIOTS WAKE UP!"

My eyes slowly fluttered open and the gymnasium lights filled my eyes with color and I looked up to see Daichi in my face, his eyes full of concern.

I then realize that my back is now on the floor and Tadashi head is rested on my chest and my arm wrapped around his body tightly.

"Eh..it's not what it looks like?" I slowly peeled Tadashi off of me waking him up in the process.

Tadashi looked up at me with a confused expression and he rubbed his eyes to make sure he was seeing things right.

"AHHHH! TSUKKI WE NEVER WENT HOME LAST NIGHT!" Tadashi yelled

"Home? Are you guys...living together?" Tadashi and I both looked up at Daichi with frightened eyes, not wanting him to know what goes on in our lives outside of volleyball.

"Eh...yeah. I can't exactly take care of myself right now, uh so I'm living with Tadashi until my brother comes home." I rubbed the back of my neck uncomfortably and looked down at Tadashi who had a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"What about your parents?" Daichi looked me in the eye and I felt a stab of pain run through my heart.

"T-t-they're uh...they're dead." I whispered.

"Oh my god. Tsukishima, wow I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked you such an insensitive question." Daichi put his hand on my shoulder and he looked right into my eyes- and it somehow comforted me. It's the same feeling I got when my dad used to comfort me. "How about we go back to my place? I live alone and I feel like we have things we need to talk about, yeah?"

"Uh, yeah." Daichi helped me up and in return I helped Tadashi up. We walked out of the gym towards daichis house, him in the lead, Tadashi and I following behind.

I'm nervous. I'm so nervous. What if he kicks us off the team for sleeping in the gymnasium. What if he asks how my parents died? What if...

I felt Tadashi smoothly connect our fingers, like we have done only a few times in the past.

All of a sudden, Tadashi stopped walking, "Tsukki, were just going to Daichis house. It's going to be okay. I know what you're thinking and you don't have to answer any questions you don't have to. Take deep breaths. "

I took deep breaths just as Tadashi has told me and we walked hand in hand to daichis house, him knowing it was the only thing keeping me calm at this point.

We walked silently for the next 10 minutes, every once in a while, Daichi grunting as if he couldn't figure something out.

---

15 minutes later, after stopping at the store on the way, we finally made it to Daichi's house.

"You guys can uh, go sit on the couch, or on the floor, or wherever you want to. I'm going to go put the groceries in the kitchen."