Chapter 4

Yaku literally flew into his bed and barricated himself with pillows. He was too tired.

He couldn't sleep the whole time they were in the Crow Forest, mostly because of weird sounds and knights walking around and securing the area. As a matter of fact, he even walked back to the river and took a late night swim (when Kuroo heard this he almost had a heart attack).

So now he was back in his room and ready to rest, but he heard a knock on his door.

"Yes?" he asked sleepily.

"Your majesty, I have news" Kuroo spoke and opened the door. He walked to Yaku's bed and sat down.

"The King told me to tell you that tomorrow there will be another trip" Kuroo said and smiled at the sleepy prince.

"Uhm.. Yeah, I'll go.. Just let me rest now.." Yaku mumbled. He felt Kuroo stand up and fix his covers before walking out.

Kuroo knew how tired Yaku was, he was awake most of the time aswell. He cared too much about Yaku.

Yaku told him that if someone ever has a sword pressed to his neck, Kuroo shouldn't try to save him and save himself instead. But Kuroo knew that if that ever happened he would give away his life to save Yaku's.

~~

Yaku managed to sleep for around 15 hours. He went to sleep at 3 PM and woke up at 5 AM next day when Kuroo woke him up for breakfast.

He felt full of energy and practically jumped all the way to the dining hall. His parents were pretty shocked to see him so energetic.

"So, where are we going?" he asked as he sat down to the table and grabbed some bread.

"To our old friends. My father was really good friends with the King of that Kingdom" Yaku's father said.

"Well?" Yaku asked impatiently.

"Haiba Kingdom. The coldest kingdom out of all, rich with silver and diamonds" his father finally revealed the secret.

Yaku gasped loudly. He had been dying to visit the Haiba grounds.

He once again picked out the same outfit and got Kuroo to help him get on his horse. He was so energetic, so happy, so excited.

The trip wasn't supposed to be long, not that it mattered anyway.

Kuroo decided to tag along again, this time he swore to himself to not let Yaku go somewhere without him. And so the trip began.

Travelling through tiny birch forests and fields wasn't exactly fun, but Kuroo was more than enough to keep everyone in high spirits.

"Do you know any legends about this place?" Yaku asked. Kuroo thought for a second.

"It's not a legend. It's a real story. Still up for it?" Kuroo said. His tone was calm.

"Of course. I'm always up for stories" Yaku smiled at Kuroo and waited for him to start telling the story.

"It wasn't that long ago. In these fields there stood a village. A small village of around 100 people. They weren't the happiest, trips to forests and trips for water took pretty long. The village was mainly old people, but there were a few kids. Those kids trained to be strong, some managed, some didn't. And then the kings of a few kingdoms arrived, they took the kids in order to raise them strong, the villagers moved into other kingdoms too, but it's said that mothers of those kids never moved on and are still living in these grounds" Kuroo finished talking.

"Tetsurou, you forgot to add that you were one of those kids" the king chuckled.

Yaku let out a weird shriekand looked at Kuroo with a questioning look.