Chapter 14

The orchestra was playing rather quietly and everyone was gathering.

"Your Majesty, are you ready?" Kuroo asked as he knocked on the door.

"I don't wanna go..." Yaku mumbled. His mood changed for a hundredth time and he once again didn't feel like going to the ball.

"You have to, I'm sure you'll enjoy it this time. Five princesses are coming and they are all eager to see you" Kuroo tried to cheer Yaku up, but Yaku didn't answer so Kuroo left him alone.

Yaku didn't want to meet them, he already had Lev. Damnit, he should have told his parents before, even if he tells them now he'll have to attend the ball.

He finally got out of his bed and went to his closet. He went with blue-silver color combination.

"I wonder if Lev will come..." Yaku mumbled to himself. Lev must have been shocked when he heard about the ball, though Yaku was sure that Lev understood that it wasn't his idea.

He fixed his hair once again and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked kinda good, I mean he is a prince after all. One quick peek at the First King's crowns which he brought to his room and he was ready to go.

Yaku finally opened his door and was greeted by the maids who were also getting ready for the ball. It was one of the few nights when they could wear fancy dresses that the queen picked out.

"Your Majesty!" Kuroo suddenly ran up to him.

"Kuroo, don't even dare to lecture me now. I don't want my mood ruined" Yaku said and sighed.

"I understand. You have to go and meet with your parents. The princesses will be introduced soon, so please" Kuroo opened the door to the main dance hall, allowing Yaku to gasp at the sight in front of him.

Unlike the first ball, this one was bigger, the hall was decorated with beautiful flowers.

"Morisuke, there you are!" his mother rushed to him.

"I wish I wasn't here" Yaku rolled his eyes.

"Oh, don't say that. It's the first time when five princesses gather in our kingdom, you should be happy! Look at all these beautiful  women!" his mother dragged him to where the thrones were.

Some people were already dancing, as the ball was about to start. Ugh, too many people!

Suddenly the ball room got quiet and people cleared up the middle of it. Out of respect, Yaku stood up, after all he's the one who's gonna meet the princesses.

Kuroo walked out and opened the scroll.

"We welcome you all to the ball! We are more than happy that five princesses from different kingdoms have arrived. I'd like to introduce them to the prince!" Kuroo announced.

"First is princess Tanaka Saeko from the Tanaka kingdom. She is accompanied by her brother prince Ryuunosuke" Kuroo introduced the first princess and a girl walked out.

Tall, fit lady with really short blond hair. She was wearing a crimson dress. Next to her stood a rather intimidating guy, who seemed to be glaring at Yaku.

Both Yaku and Saeko bowed.

"It's nice to meet ya" she spoke in a cheerful voice. Of course, she's beautiful, but a bit too tall for Yaku, also her brother seemed to want to kill him.

"Next, is princess Yachi Hitoka from Yachi kingdom!" Kuroo introduced the second princess and a short blond girl walked out, she was wearing a yellow-white dress which matched her hair and accessories. She was a bit shorter than Yaku, which was good, and the queen kept staring at Yaku's face, trying to catch a smile, which would indicate his interest.