Chapter 16

"You know, when I was a little younger, I always thought that I wasn't supposed to fall in love, that my parents were the ones who would pick someone for me. Now I understand that I couldn't have been more wrong" Yaku said as he rested his head on Lev's shoulder.

"Well, my mother has been teaching us about what it's like to be in a relationship since we were little. Alisa has it rough, she's a princess after all, many people have eyes on her, but to us, to princes, it's much easier." Lev squeezed Yaku's hand and the two stayed silent.

The indoors garden really was a good thing.

"We should probably get going soon, your parents might be looking for you" Lev said, but Yaku didn't move.

"I don't wanna go.. I don't wanna listen to my mother's rants again, I wanna stay here with you.." Yaku spoke. He felt Lev place a soft kiss on his head.

"Me too, but we can't hide here forever. Maybe telling our parents about us would be the best idea.. Don't you think? My parents will agree, so no worries about that" Lev said and Yaku finally sat up straight. He turned his head to him.

"I think that my dad would be okay with me loving another prince, after all he's friends with Iwaizumi Hajime too, but my mother.. I'm not so sure about that" Yaku sighed and felt Lev squeeze his hand once again.

"It's all gonna be okay, you don't have to worry. If anything, you can always ask for help. I'm sure that King Hajime and King Tooru would be more than happy to help you" Lev smiled at the shorter male.

"I know, I just hope everything goes well, you be careful too, okay?" Yaku said. Lev leaned in and placed a kiss on Yaku's lips.

"I promise. Now, let's go" Lev took Yaku's hand and they started walking out of the indoors garden, it was like a maze but they managed to get out after a couple of minutes.

Alisa was already waiting for them.

"Jeez, what took you so long? Yaku, your parents are looking for you. Go and talk to them" Alisa said and she approached them.

Ah, they really did take their time, the ball was coming to an end. A lot of people were already getting ready to leave.

"Morisuke! Where were you?!" his mother approached him, he really didn't want to deal her right now.

"I was with Haiba L---" Yaku started saying, but his mother seemed to not care.

"Haiba? Haiba Alisa? Ah, I'm so glad you like her!" his mother cheered.

"Wait, no, I said I was wit---" he was cut off again.

"Oh, I'm gonna tell Yamato, he'll be more than happy that you finally found someone!" she ran off before Yaku could stop her.

"That is one annoying mother" Lev said as he appeared from behind him.

"Yeah.. I'll talk to them. You're leaving already?" Yaku asked as he turned around. Lev had his coat on.

"Yeah, I have to follow the rules. I'm gonna talk with my parents, explain the situation and I hope they understand. You do the same, okay?" Lev said as he took Yaku's hands.

"Okay" Yaku nodded. Lev then proceeded to place a kiss on Yaku's ring before leaving the hall.

He followed Alisa and others to the horses and sighed as he walked out. He really didn't want to leave Yaku alone in this mess, he wanted to stay by his side, but rules are rules. He already told Alisa about their plan on telling their parents about his and Yaku's relationship.

He hopped onto his horse and started his journey back home. He started planning everything that he wanted to say to his parents. Lev could feel his heartbeat getting faster as he saw their kingdom in the horizon.

"Lev, don't be scared, okay? I'll be there to support you" Alisa suddenly dragged him out of his thoughts.

"Thank you. I just want everything to go smoothly" Lev sighed.

After a few more minutes they finally reached their kingdom. People greeted them even though it was really late.

Once they approached the castle Lev could feel his heart tearing out of his chest, he hasn't been this nervous before.

Kenma escorted them to the main hall where their parents were waiting.

"Lev! Alisa! How was the ball?" their dad greeted them.

"It was great!" Alisa said cheerfully as she playfully hit Lev, it was a sign that he should start speaking.

"Mother, father, I have an announcement to make!" Lev said and stepped forward. His parents were standing in front of him. He took a deep breath.

"What is it?" his mother asked, she seemed a bit worried.

"Uhm... Yaku Morisuke and I are... We are in a relationship.." Lev said, he didn't dare to look up, he was scared of seeing his parents faces.

"That's amazing! That's great Lev!" he suddenly felt his mother hug him.

"That's my boy, proud of you" his father placed his hand on Lev's shoulder.

"Wait, you guys are okay with this?" Lev asked as his mother finally released him from her grip.

"Yes, of course! Oh, my boy will get married!" his mother cheered and ran off somewhere whilst yelling something to the maids.

"Lev, as long as you're happy with your choice, I'm happy as well. I know his parents and I can see that Yaku Morisuke is a great man" his father said and hugged his son, who's face was stained with tears of happiness.

The things didn't go that smoothly at Yaku's place though.

"Mother! Listen to me" Yaku said as he finally caught up with her. She was already talking to the king.

"Oh, what is it? We can't waste time! We have to plan the wedding!" his mother said as she told Kuroo to start writing down something.

"Mother! I'M IN LOVE WITH LEV NOT ALISA!" Yaku finally exclaimed. The room went silent, the only thing that could be heard was Yaku's heartbeat.

"Son, that's grea--" his father had started talking, but was cut off.

"What did you say?! How dare you say these kinds of things?!" his mother yelled at him.

"I am free to choose whoever I want, and it's Lev!" Yaku said firmly, he couldn't care less about what his mother wanted.

"You're forgetting about the fact that you have to produce a heir! You're gonna marry Alisa Haiba and that's it!" She screamed at him, but Yaku let out a loud laugh instead.

"I will never! I'd rather die!" he said, he didn't know why he had so much confidence.

"Nothing good comes out of the marriage between two princes!" his mother screamed again.

"How about I prove you wrong?! How about I bring the Iwaizumi Kings to tell you the truth?!" Yaku exclaimed and stormed out of the hall.

He headed straight for the Iwaizumi Kingdom. He needed their help.

.

.

.

.

.

...

So uh, hate to say this, but this fic is coming to an end. Though, there are still quite a few chapters because I have like 3 bonus chapters planned xD

-hatari.