Chapter 8

Yaku had been sitting on his horse for a few minutes now, trying to understand why Kuroo hadn't come to greet him.

Usually Kuroo is the first one to show up once he arrives, but he was just missing.

"Your Majesty, is something wrong?" one of the knights asked.

"No, no, everything is fine" Yalu finally spoke and jumped off his horse. He fixed his cape before heading to the castle.

It was quiet inside, probably because it was still early. The maids greeted him once they saw him and invited him to drink some tea before going to his room to relax.

Yaku agreed to that, he even brought tea from the Iwaizumi Kingdom. He spent the next thirty minutes quietly drinking tea and listening to what maids were saying.

He liked them, they were always cheerful and full of stories.

After that he thanked them and headed to his room, he did pass Kuroo's room, but Yaku was sorta mad at him so he decided to ignore him for the rest of the day.

He flopped onto his bed and closed his eyes. Yesterday was amazing. Both Hajime and Tooru are not only nice, they are reliable. Yaku could feel the big-brother-kinda vibe from them.

They taught him some tricks, treated him to dinner and supper, gave him gifts and invited him again.

Yaku finally took off his tight clothes and slipped under the covers, he was way too tired to do anything right now.

His eyes closed slowly and he drifted off to sleep...

It wasn't long till he woke up though. Before he went to bed he made sure to lock his room, he didn't want Kuroo to barge in.
Yet he was woken up by Kuroo yelling.

"THE PRINCE IS BACK?!!" was the line that woke Yaku up, but he didn't bother to open the door.

He heard steps getting closer. Then a few knocks.

"Y-Your Majesty! " Kuroo called him.

"..leave me alone.." Yaku said sleepily.

Kuroo didn't answer anything, he could understand why Yaku was mad. It was his duty to take care of him, greet him once he comes back. He got a bit carried away last night.

~~

"So, is it easy taking care of Yaku Morisuke?" Kenma asked as he finished his 6th cup of tea.

It was around 1 AM and Kuroo was still waiting for Yaku to come back.

"Yeah, he's not that careless, he's pretty responsible. Though, I still feel obliged to take care of him no matter what" Kuroo spoke.

Kenma was here and that's a good thing, he missed him a lot. They talked about their childhoods after they were separated, they talked about the princes that they had to take care of.

Honestly, it was a good evening.

"Ah, I'll need to leave early in the morning, or Lev will start a war with someone" Kenma sighed and poured some more tea into his cup.

"He's that reckless, huh? I'm glad he's friends with Yaku then.."

~~

Yaku slowly opened his eyes, it was still bright outside. He yawned and stretched, wincing slightly as his wound stretched along with it.

It was a battle scar that Yaku will cheerish forever, well not exactly a battle scar, when he was training with Iwaizumi they both got carried away and he accidently hit Yaku.