Finding

"Stop! Hasn't he had enough? He didn't even fucking do anything!"

My voice was harsh and raspy and dry, almost as dry as my hands, but I wasn't paying attention. My voice seemed to echo off the walls of the building and mixing with CalFreezys laughs of delight and Vikks screams, and oh how I wanted to die.

He was only sat a few feet away from me, but he was still so far away and my hands reached out for him every so often in an effort to reach him. To hold him. To help him and tell him every thing would be alright and that he didn't deserve this. To save him one more time. But my hands never quite reached in the chains and all it did was make me more depressed and upset and angry. I was so angry. Fuming. Because it should be me crying and screaming, not Vikk. Vikk didn't do anything. But yet here he was screaming out for me in the celler of a place where he didn't belong.

His skin was red and blotchy, although some parts of his skin was starting to turn a light purple with bruises. There were cuts, so many cuts, and so much blood he looked like he went swimming in food dye. And so many screams. So many screams and cries for help that I could feel it in my soul, feel his words tear at my being. His eyes wouldn't stop staring at me either, his bark coloured eyes meet mine from across the room pleading and never looked away. Looking at me as to question why I was unharmed besides the red on my wrists and the tears in my eyes while he was brought to the edge of death. I of course had no answer, and I don't think there was even a particular answer out there.

CalFreezy just laughed. He always laughed. It was starting to get on my nerves because there was nothing particularly funny going on. But at least when he laughed he stopped doing whatever it was he was doing to Vikk to turn to me, so in this case he could laugh all he wanted. He stared at me, flicking the knife in the air as if it was nothing. Holding it as if the blade wasn't stained red with my friends blood, as if the knife hadn't carved Vikk into a horrifying picture of regret. Flicking the knife as if it had no meaning, as if we didn't have a  meaning, and I could feel my blood boil at the thought.

"Hmm? What was that?" He questioned, tilting his head in mock laughter, while Vikk lay gasping for air on the floor beside him.

"Stop. Just please, stop it, what's the point in all of this. What are you gaining," I didn't realize just how dead my voice sounded, how weak I really was. I struggled to even speak clear, my voice growing raspy and almost as frail sounding as I was.

"Well, a little bird told me that Preston and your other dorm mate, whatever the hell his name was, was coming to pay us a visit. And I decided that maybe if he knew what state you both were in, then maybe he'd think more rationally, yeah?" Cal said, his lips curved into a grin that could only be described insane. He turned back to Vikk, who screamed out although he sounded so much weaker then before. He was loosing so much blood, his small frame would only be able to take so much more.

"Stop, please. Don't hurt him anymore," I heard my voice say, although it was strange and no longer sounded like my own.

He turned around, his eyes looking me over before they flickered back to Vikk. He seemed to be thinking for a minute, the room going completely silent as he seemed to ponder his options. He was smiling though, as if the power he had over us was something to be excited about. He knew that no matter how much I beg or how much Vikk was going through, he still had the upper hand. The final vote.

"Awe that's cute. Looking out for your friend, isn't that kind of you Simon? Well, since you asked so nicely, I might as well stop," CalFreezy shrugged, pocketing the knife and stepping away from the bloody mess that was Vikk. I could feel my eyes search his face, his heart telling me to be happy but my mind saying not to believe him at all.