Heaven

(I recommend you listen to the song provided above as you read. This was written at 2 AM on a school week as I replayed this song over and over.
Haha, my inspiration was bittersweet.
Please enjoy~)

Rejection.
It hit him like a bullet, stumbling back he dropped his phone onto the kitchen table. The loud clatter echoed through out the empty room, a chilled August breeze dripped into the kitchen from a partially open window, farthest from the heart broken teen.

Eddward rested his head on the table, next to his phone. Allowing the soothing sounds of serenading melodies to infiltrate his mind, the raven looked up at the stoves clock.

In flashing green the time was displayed, 2:12 AM, perfect. His thinking hour. The teen attempted to swallow the bitter taste that lingered on his lips, as a pianos melody broke his train of thought.

Such an idiot.

The feeling wasn't mutual after all. He facepalmed slightly. It was rare for the swimmer to allow his emotions to shine. Rare for him indeed.

He brushed tangled dull hair back, idly pulling it up into a pony tail. The teen wasn't prepared for school to start again, to see him once more.

Would it be awkward?

Edd smiled, listening to the familiar keys dance through his head.

The way his confidence shook the quiet class, as he stood, walking to the front of the small room. Finding his place on the pianos bench, the small ginger closed his eyes, effortlessly his fingers created the most decedent sound Eddward had ever heard. It was a privilege, walking into his general music's class early just to be welcomed by such soft tones.

From that point on, he would head stright to this class. Those 3 minutes of perfectly timed melodies was all he looked forward to in life, all that kept him from breaking once he returned home for the day.

Because if he ended it all, the sadness, the struggle. He would never be able to hear such precious music ever again.

Such soft skin.
Warm determined eyes.
Spunky orange hair.

Edd shook his head, earbuds falling loose. He checked his phones clock. 4:18 AM. The raven sighed, standing up from the table he stretched, yawning.

Quiet footsteps entered the room, as a mess of soft freckled skin, warm determined green eyes, and spunky orange tangled hair stood directly in front of Eddward.

Edd blinked.

Rejection was such a bittersweet thing.

But he knew she could never have been his soul mate anyways. His absolute perfect match.

Obviously he had been running away from the truth once freshman year was over.

He needed the music again.

But to admit it?

Never.

"Eddward?"

Edd blinked once more, regaining his grip on the present time.

"Hmm?"

The ginger frowned.

"Its late Edd, you've got work tomorrow.."

"Yeah yeah...hey, can you do me a favor?"

The ginger crossed his arms.

"What?"

Edd smiled.

"Play that pretty piano peice you did at graduation, please?"

The smaller male groaned slightly, grabbing his husbands hand lightly.

"Your really lucky I love you, you know that right?"

The raven only nodded.

"I know."