Starting Today, You Are A Host!

Notice: For those of you who have read my FF.net story, this is the same thing. Nothing's changed. Sorry.

For everyone else, welcome! This is my most popular story, and I hope that you enjoy it! It's a little slow at the beginning and does seem a little like the anime in a text version, apologies for that, but I hope you enjoy it anyways and continue following along. It won't always be this way! Additionally, my OC won't enter personally until somewhere around chapter six, but please don't skip to that chapter! I will be adding my own story lines in between each episode, and changing up a few things here and there! I don't want you getting lost!

A short haired brunette peeked into a crowded library with a grimace. It was filled to the brim with students who were grouped up in twos and threes, discussing anything but education and schoolwork. Haruhi groaned and shut the door before resting her head against the cool wood. She's been hunting for a quiet space to study for what felt like hours. Her usual study spot, which was her classroom, was currently holding a session for the debate club while their usual room was stolen for the use of a school board meeting. Nothing Haruhi could do about it.

So, now she was standing outside the fourth library she'd found, only to discover all of them were in different stages of fullness.

You know, if Nēchan were here, she'd have an absolute fit over how loud these libraries are. She might actually write a letter of complaint once she gets here.

At the random thought of her sister, the brunette's grimace eased into a small smile. A voice different than her own echoed across her mind until the tension melted out of Haruhi's shoulders. In less than a month, her sister would be back home and Haruhi would be be able to hear her voice not coming out of a phone or replaying in her mind. Backing away from the door in a better mood, Haruhi adjusted her grip on her school bag before setting off again in search of a quiet place to study. But where else could she possibly look?

As she continued walking down the north hallway, Haruhi saw a flock of birds flying past the window. She stopped to watch, remember how her mother had enjoyed pointing out different birds during their outings, telling Haruhi and Jin what type they were.

Haruhi sighed before continuing on her way, praying casually as she did so. Hi, Mom. How are things in heaven? How long has it been since I last saw you? Nine... ten years? I can hardly believe it. Well, things are doing okay down here, I guess. This rich school might not actual be all we've heard about. It's like rich kids only come to school to have a good time... and it's a little hard doing this without Nēchan by my side. I guess all I can ask is for you to keep watching over her, Mom, until she comes back home.

Haruhi zoned back in just before she walked face-first into another pair of grand-looking doors. They were such an anomaly that Haruhi could only stare at them for a moment. Because... well... there was nothing but silence coming from behind the door. Every other place she had walked past had at least a few whispers leaking out through the cracks, but this one seemed complete abandoned. A sign above her head read "Music Room 3".

Huh... of all the luck.

She opened the door and was blinded by bright white light. Wincing, Haruhi inched further into the room. Who the heck puts such bright lights in a music room! Where's the light switch? Thankfully before she had to thrust the room into complete darkness the light died down into a more natural brightness. Haruhi squinted to get her first look around the room and found-

"Welcome."

...a group of six boys, posing around a chair. Surprise made her whole body seized up and the door handle slipped from her fingers, letting the large door fall shut. Haruhi didn't react until the door let out a soft 'boom' as it shut. She jumped slightly and backed up against the door.