Fatherhood

Writer's block is being a bitch, so I decided to try writing something even longer and with even less pre-written plot because I'm smart like that. But I've been told fluff and domesticality are my greatest writing strengths, so here are some (not all) of my stories about Kyoya being a dad, and I hope you find them just as cute and funny as I do!

WARNING: There are two segments that have hints of heavy topics. I'll include specific warnings for those segments to make them easier to skip.

Some moments are borrowed from TV shows or Tumblr posts, a trend following along with every single fanfiction I've ever written.

It started with a phone call.

Technically, it started with the end of a phone call. Kyoya faintly heard Jin saying goodbye to her sister from the kitchen, and three seconds later Jin was launching herself onto the couch cushion beside her husband. Snuggling her way beneath his arm, Kyoya watched in amusement as Jin settled herself into his lap.

"Why hello there."

"Hi."

They shared a quick peck before Kyoya set his book off to the side, knowing he was not going to be continuing it for some time.

"So, what did Haruhi have to talk to you about?"

At once, Jin let out a little squeal, her clenched fists pressing themselves against her chest. Kyoya raised an eyebrow. Whatever it was, it had to be good. He hadn't seen Jin this excited since Haruhi's wedding bouquet had landed squarely in Hikaru's lap, the man's face growing redder than his hair as his girlfriend blushed and looked askance.

"Okay, okay. You can't tell anyone else, you can't even talk to Tamaki about this because Haru swore me to secrecy, but apparently Haru and Tamaki are starting to try!"

Jin started squealing again, and Kyoya almost opened his mouth to ask what Jin meant by 'try' when it clicked in his head.

"Oh! Really?"

"Yes! I am so ready to be the best aunt in history! Like not even joking I am going to spoil their kid rotten! I wonder if they'll need any help decorating the nursery or if Tamaki will insist on doing it himself? I have a feeling that as soon as Haru starts showing he's going to try and forbid her from moving at all. Like that's ever going to happen! Ah, I'm just so excited! I bet their kid is going to be the cutest ever... Kyo? You okay? You're being really quiet."

"Hm?" Kyoya blinked himself out of his thoughts. Jin was staring at him, all her previous excitement replaced with concern. He wanted to smile and soothe her worries, but something... there was something he needed to ask first.

"I'm okay, Darling. I guess I was just thinking."

"Thinking? About what?"

"Well, you mentioned being the best aunt, so I was thinking of my being an uncle and that got me wondering... do you think I'd be a good dad?"

Clearly, Jin had not been expecting that. She gave Kyoya a long stare, not answering right away. As spontaneous as his question had been, Kyoya knew his wife well enough to know she would seriously consider her response. After a while, Jin gave a short hum and nodded.

"Yes, you would."

"You think?"

"Well, there's only one real way to find out." Jin's cheeks were pink, even as she said the words. Kyoya couldn't help but wonder if this was something she had been thinking about before now. He certainly had.

"It could make some things difficult."

"I suppose. A lot would have to change."

"Yes."