Jin Takes a Risk!

Just read it.

Slam!

Jin was laughing around her gasps as the doors to the performance hall fell shut behind them. They could still hear Benio's screams from beyond the wood, so they kept running. Jin had the building schematics in her phone, but Kyoya was the one who had been lead through the halls by the administrator personally, so he quickly took the lead.

He tugged at her hand that was still clasped tightly in his, "Follow me."

The two ran all the way through the building, finally ending up at one of the side entrances. Even then they didn't stop until they were all the way into the trees and flowering bushes that lined the hall. Finally they ended up in a clearing beneath a cherry tree, thankfully blocked from view from the building they'd just escaped. Now, even if the Zuka club managed to escape the auditorium and get outside, they'd never be spotted.

For a moment, they just stand there and catch their breath, but their hands stay tightly clasped.

As the adrenaline wears off, Kyoya looks over at Jin. She's still grinning widely, breathless laughter escaping her lips and her retractable staff clenched in her free hand. In the moonlight, she almost shines silver.

"That was so funny! Did you see her face? How'd you even get permission to be up there?"

"I have my ways."

"Uh huh."

Jin keeps laughing, straightening her back just to move closer, pressing her cheek against Kyoya's chest. It's not until he releases her hand to wraps his arms around her that the laughter begins to fade away, a look of content replacing it. She sighed deeply and nuzzled herself closer. It wasn't often that she got hugs from Kyoya, despite the many small touches they exchanged. Sure felt nice, though.

"Jin?"

"Mmm?"

"You're very warm."

"Oh... do you want me to-"

"No, no. It is... actually quite nice."

Jin's eyebrows furrowed. She knew Kyoya wasn't one for unnecessary physical contact whereas she craved it, only allowing brief touches from the other club members. But... then again, he did seem to be both initiating more contact and prolonging it nowadays. And only with her. Tamaki's spontaneous hugs were still a source of his annoyance, yet he seemed to really enjoy the hugs from her.

Now Jin's mind was running around frantically, different puzzle pieces started to click into place. Kyoya had been steering clear of her bruised side recently, though he always asked if she was in pain or needed something in relation to her injuries, never touching her in a way that might be painful. But before the bruise and other injuries...

She lifted her head slightly off his chest as more and more memories from the past five months began sliding up next to each other, putting together a nice little picture in her head. How they had gone ice skating together at the rink, blatantly concerned for her health and feelings in a way he never showed with the others, so many almost-kisses he hadn't been embarrassed by, how he knew her better than even her childhood friends, the anger he had shown when her pictures had been taken from him, her finding those pictures taped meticulously inside of his black journal the day afterwards, Haruhi's insistence that Kyoya liked her back...

It was all true.

Kyoya liked her.

Meanwhile, Kyoya was quietly running back though his words, knowing he must've said something terribly wrong. Jin had gone very still in his arms and he was trying to think of an apology -though he wasn't quite sure what for just yet- when she looked up at him. There was something... different in her eyes as she stared at him. He didn't dare speak.