15

Violet wakes on a cold metal table. And a bright light shining in her face. Her head throbs with pain. She tries to move her hand, only to realize they're bound, along with her legs.

"She's awaken" a dark voice says. Then a man with dark black hair in a doctors jacket comes into view.

"she has" he says looking down on her. The light makes the girl squint, unable to see the man.

"Where am I?" She asks dryly

"Oh no where you weren't already supposed to be."

"Sir?" A child says

"Yes?" The doctor asks

"She, hasn't shifted."

"Oh. That definitely changes things" he turns off the light and she notices the man has eyes of a snake.

"Can we force a shift?" the other man asks

"Oh yes. But it's, very uncomfortable" the doctor grabs Violets already broken hand squeezing. Violet screams in pain and he grabs her face in his hand "that's just the beginning girl" he growls his hot breath stinging her nose.

"Why are you doing this" she grits out, hand throbbing

"Doesn't she know?" The child asks

"She'll know in good time." The other man answers. "Bring the machine"

There's a loud creak and then a small boy with honey blonde hair comes into view. Pushing a large metal box with wires attached

"The theory is" the doctor says grabbing to things from the machine. "That pain induces the shift" then the sound of electricity fills the room.

"FUCK" Violet screams her back arching on the table as the doctor puts the cables to her temples. He takes it away and she still feels the shocks running over her skin like invisible flames.

He repeats the action four times before it's finally taken away. Violet sighs with relief until she's picked up and thrown into a bucket of ice cold water. She tries to lift her weak body out of the tub but the child reaches for the lid.

"P-p-please" she shivers in plea to the child.

With no look of remorse the child closes the lid.

~
It's been three days since Violet was taken.

The pack hadn't thought she was taken at first. They thought she died during the attack that ended shortly after her disappearance, along with two others. But after turning up with no body they figured she was taken hostage. They expect to see a ransom for her before to long.

No one has been the same, the alpha mopes the girl he thought of as a daughter taken right from under his nose. He tries to keep his head up, but everyone can tell he's affected.

Greyson has also changed. He misses his friend. He misses everything about Violet. He craves the taste of her lips, the softness of her skin. What he would do to just hold her in his hands. and the fact he could have saved her makes it worse.

He can't wrap his mind around the fact he was right there, On that field while some one was taking her, and he never even heard it. Didn't even notice

He goes down stairs to his fathers office and hears screaming.

"We need to find her now!" Emma screams

"Emma we can only do so much-"

"Fuck that send them all! They could be killing her right now as we speak! And we're sitting here"

"Emma" Greyson growls at her disrespect.

"Greyson come on. She can't be out there alone! She's so fragile!" She cries.

"Were all distraught but we have go by protocol."

"No are you kidding-"

"EMMA!" The old alpha yells over come with annoyance and grief. His face turns to that of pain. He grabs his back and falls over.

"Dad" Greyson says going to him. He calls the pack doctor immediately over mind link, she's there in minutes to look over the alpha.

"I think a plate may have slipped due to stress." The doctor tells Greyson

"Stress?"

"Most alphas past down the pack but the age of forty five, your fathers fifty three. His body can't take it anymore. "

Greyson stands. Pushing all his personal felling aside. Knowing what he must do, for his father and for his pack.