18

Violet stretches her sore body out on the bed. She's happy to be back in nice soft warm sheets instead of the cold metal table she'd come accustomed to.

After laying in bed for another couple minutes she stands going into the bathroom, washing all the dirt from the night before and putting on a hoodie and leggings.

She goes downstairs and puts two pieces of toast into the toaster. Opening the fridge she grabs the strawberry jam and when she try's to open it the glass shatters in her hand.

"Jeeze, I guess blocking her out Won't stop the stupid strength" Violet grumbles to herself pulling glass from her hand

"Are you okay?" Greyson asks from the doorway of the kitchen only in boxers and a t shirt

"Yeah" she says hardly above a whisper as she bends to pick up the glass

"I'll help" he says crouching next to her.

When she looks up into his eyes she feels a strange sort of numbness that makes her uneasy

"So when are you and Rachel to take your titles?" She asks trying her best to sound happy for him as she throws away the glass

"In the next couple months"

"That soon?"

"Yeah well. It's been a real burden to my dad, he was in the hospital most of the time you were uh, gone"

"I heard, I'm going to see him soon, told he's on bed rest" she manages a small laugh

"Mothers orders, never seen him so mad at her" he sips his coffee.

"Well. You know them not like he can stay mad forever"

"Haha yep" Violet wanted to blow her brains out, but instead shoves her dry toast into her mouth and tries to leave, but Greyson steps into her path

"I wanna talk about what happened before. You left. You know when we-" Violet cuts him off

"No worries" she say pursing her lips "I won't say a word to your new Luna. Like it never happened" her heart sinks to the bottom of her stomach as she steps past him and trudges upstairs.

She walks into her room and sprawls herself onto her bed and silently cries into her hands.

Did she regret kissing Greyson? How could he have just taken up with Rachel after they'd kissed ? Did he just not care about her? Or did he just think she wasn't going to come back?

That's what happened she convinces herself. He assumed she'd never come back. He'd given up.

Wiping her tears She rises from her bed and goes to the back of her closet picking up one of the cds she'd stolen from her captors. Returning to her bed she puts the cd into her laptop

Violet slowly pushes play.

At first nothing but the word 'experiment 4'. Then she sees a girl, face covered in dirt, blood, and sweat, her hair dropping in clusters covering it. She's chained to the wall behind her, only small renominates of tattered clothes covering her equally tattered skin.

A man she recognized comes onto the screen. He reminded her of a snake. His long thin body pushes a cart in front of her a syringe sitting on top.

Violet knew the girl was her, knew what was about to happened. Remember the pain, the fear. She felt as though she needed to watch what they did to her.

"Ple-please n-no more" she nearly sobs

"Oh. This isn't even close to being over with" his voice sends chills though Violet.

The man inserts the syringe into her IV then stands in front of her. Waiting.

After only seconds violets face twists in pain turning white. She began to cough violently and then throws up crimson sending blood onto the mans white shirt. Her cries begin to become animalistic that twisted into raspy moans by the time they left her cracked lips. The man just stared. Face emotionless.

Violet shuts her laptop and wipes her tear soaked face. Looking to the red scabs and bruises on her arm from the IVs. Her wounds had healed surprisingly quickly, she'd assumed it had to do with her wolf. She mostly was only left with emotional damage and some server soreness

A knock on her door gets her up and across the room.

"Hey babe" Emma greets Violet "alpha and Luna want to see you, they're in the hospital wing"

"Okay, I'll head there now" Violet nods pushing away her emotions

She heads down to the hospital wing, which of course had to be all the way on the other side of the pack house so it took almost ten minutes to get there. But it gave her time to think about her wolf.

It was liberating being in that form, she'd never felt so free in her life. But she knew going out was dangerous. There are no white wolfs in existence. Considered descendants of the moon goddess only females are born with the trait and it's rare for them to reproduce.

How could she keep this a secret? Violet feels so alone. She wishes she could just tell someone.  She knew she could trust Emma and harken but she didn't want to bring the burden of her crazy ass life on to them.

She forgets about herself when she see the man she thinks as a father laying in a hospital bed dressed in a blue paper smock. His face gaunt and sickly

"Oh alpha"Violet says sadly making him, and his wife look to her as she runs to him enveloping him in a hug

"You can't talk much with such a bruised face, once I'm out of this bed I promise I will find who did this-"

"Alpha, you need to worry about yourself I'm completely fine" she lies trying to make him feel better

"I'm sorry, I know you just came all the way down here sweetie but he really needs his rest" Luna tells her

"Oh I completely understand Luna. Please tell me when your feeling better"

"I will of course" he answers and she leaves. Leaving her alpha to rest and heal