30

"Did you fuck?" Violet asks right when she walks into Emma's room

"Of course not! I told you I'm holding out" Emma laughs

"But you're mates?"

"Yeah but we're still going to take it slow vi"

"Is Cole happy? I mean how is it? How are you?" She wanted to know how it could've been had her circumstances been different.

"I'm so happy" she breaths "he actually talked about having a ceremony to make me Beta female and everything" listening to her friend all violet wanted to do was tell Emma of her own coming ceremony but she couldn't. Too many questions would arise. She would tell her before the ceremony though. Emma was understanding she'd be okay as long as Violet was the one to tell her.

"I'm really happy for both of you. You were always meant to be" she laughs hugging her best friend. She would have never believed her life would turn into to this. Never thought she would have a mate or a wolf, definitely not one considered an ancient legend.

"This is so awesome you don't even know, like every time I touch him it like my insides melt, and I can literally feel his presence it's so amazing I honestly can't wait till he marks me"

"Marks you?" Of course Violet had seen the mated women with the beautiful designs above the necks, while the males bore the initial of their fated, but she'd assumed it just arose when one found the other with no real parent to explain the process

"Yeah you know when you first mate, it's what makes it really real"

"More real than already being a mate?"

"Yeah, really you didn't know this stuff? It when gives you the mindlink"

"Mind what?"

"Are you kidding? When your marked it bonds you forever, you feel each other's emotions and speak to each other with out talking-"

"What? Like read each other's mind?!"

"Yeah exactly"

"That's insane" Violet says her upcoming duties meaning so much more

"Yeah well when you find your mate you'll think differently"

"Yeah, maybe."

                                      ~

"Jacob could you please get me another shot?"

It didn't take long for a party to start with so many new people in the pack house. It wasn't to terribly late almost ten. Violet would head back to her room soon. She just wanted to enjoy some fun before she was responsible for the whole pack and had to live up to expectations.

So she got drunk. Too drunk. She never was much into alcohol, but it was made into a nice icee sort of drink and tasted delicious. She'd already had two and was on her third. The world was blurry and her body was hardly standing. But she was amazing at pretending she was fine.

"Is there anything other thank alcohol here?" Caleb asks

"Man I don't know what your talking about these are bomb" Violet laughs as Jacob comes back with Emma's drink, the boys we're not  longer chasing her for her body-Cole would definitely tear them apart if they tried-they were acknowledging her position