17

The next morning Emma and harken walk along the edge of the pack border-as they've done these weeks without Violet

"How's Caleb?" Emma asks her friend.

"Fine, we love our new room in the pack house. It's the cutest little thing."

"Has his sister found out?"

"Yeah, she's a little awkward about it but otherwise it's good." He laughs "you and Cole?"

"Well, you know-" she stops when she notices the strange smell of blood. Harken smells it too.

They walk to the smell. Ready to call for help if they need to.

That when they see her. Her naked, dirty, bloody body lays in the grass her skin pale and bruised covered with dirt and blood.

Harken runs to her grabbing her face in his hands.

"We have to go to the doctor" he picks her up running as fast as he can to the pack hospital.

~

Greyson walks into his kitchen to grab a snack when he sees his mother and Maggie-a pack member-talking quickly in hushed voices

"Is everything okay?" He asks them. They look to each other with solemn eyes, he realizes something is wrong.

"Violet has been found" his heart leaps with joy

"Where is she? I have to go see her"

"She's. Not well. " his mother says

"What's wrong?" He fears the worse.

"Who ever took her-It wasn't good" his mother says with a sob

"What happened?" He'd already feared the worst

"She's been beaten, almost to death" his mother cries. "We haven't even seen her yet. We are in the morning."

"Can I go see her?" Greyson asks

"I-I don't know. The doctor just got word to us that she's stabilized, you can go see." Greyson only nods before leaving.

He walks as fast as he can. He honestly almost began believing he'd never see her again. But he should've known better.

He hates to admit how much he missed the girl.

Once he finally arrives at the hospital wing, he smells violets sweet sent which he follows into a private room.

He walks in and first he notices Emma and harken. Both sitting beside Violet, eye red from tears. Then he looks into violets eyes his stomach filling with butterflies when they meet his. But the butterflies turn to bees when he notices her cut lip, and then the bruise on her neck the shape of a hand print.

"What happened?" Is all he can ask. And it was obviously the wrong thing to say because Violet hangs he head down with a frown. "I mean. Hey what's up?" Emma rolls her eyes at him.

"As I was saying" harken says to Violet. "Me and Caleb are together now like. For real we got our room own and everything"  harken smiles

"Good for you guys" Violet smiles back  Greyson's head spins at the sound of her voice. "You didn't mess with my room did you Greyson?"

"No-no of course not" his name coining from her lips was heaven

"Good. I'm sleeping there tonight"

"I don't think your supposed to get up." Harken tells her

"I can get up just fine." Violet twist her legs off the side of the bed. She wiggles her toes before standing. Her legs are shaky but she's able to manage. "See" she smiles.

"Well Greyson you better walk with her make sure she's okay" Emma says looking over her damaged friend.

"I will of course"

"Okay. Well goodnight then. I'll see you in the morning" Emma says and after hugging Violet Her and harken leave.

Greyson and Violet lock arms as they walk back to her room.

"I'm really happy your back" he tells her.

"Really? You missed me? Of all people" she laughs although she doesn't feel much like laughing.

"Really. What-what happened?"

"I really don't want to talk about it right now, okay?"

"Well are you tired?"

"Not really"

"Wanna watch cartoons and eat ice cream in your room?"

"Sure" she smiles. Once they get to her room Violet turns on the show while Greyson gets the ice cream. She also grabs a little bit of bud from her stash, that luckily hasn't been touched in her absence to pack a bowl.

They watch South Park until almost three, eating all the ice cream and a bag of chips. They don't talk much. Mostly just enjoying each other's presence right up until someone knocks on the door three times

Violet gets up wondering who could be knocking on her door at two in the morning. Rachel pops her red head into the door way.

"Hey babe going to bed, you should come soon" she says to Greyson, then leaves.

"Babe?" Violet asks nonchalantly

"Oh. Haha yeah" he says awkwardly.

"When did you two get back together?"

"Oh um a week after you were -um when you where gone. I'm taking her as Luna."

"Really? Is she your mate?" Violet asks gruffly

"Oh no. But I need to take my title soon and she's there. I told her if I found my mate before the ceremony it would be over. Same for her." 

"Oh, well good luck with that she seems like a handful" she gets out. "I-I'm kinda tired though. So you might as well go"

"Oh. Okay well it was fun. Maybe another night?"

"I don't know maybe" Violet shrugs walking him to the door.

Once he's out the door Violet goes and lays on her bed. She begins to want to run and leave. So she creeps out of the house changing into her wolf form and running throughout the night.