Mended

"Z-zane-kun?" Kawaii-Chan's last shot was taken. She sighed, "Does Zane promise that's all the shots Kawaii-Chan has to take?"
I smiled, taking her shaking had and resting it in my own. "Yes."
"Thank you Zane." Thank you meant she was thankful for me being here. That she appreciated me. I didn't understand why.
"For what?" I had to ask.
"Just for being Zane." She giggled.
I rolled my eyes. "I think the meds are taking their toll on you."

She swooned arching herself. I had never seen her in such a state. The once funny, little, naive girl had become sort of... sexy? Can I say that..

<WELL I'M DEFINITELY NOT SAYING IT OUTLOUD>

I muttered something and shaking my head. This was Kawaii-Chan for heaven sake, she's only acting like this due to all the meds. She probably still doesn't know where babies come from. She's probably never kissed anybody. A thought came into my head. I wanted to be the only one to ever show her anything.

I feel like a pervert.

The curtain is pulled back and I snapped upright; trying to show I was not, most definitely not, checking out Kawaii-Chan. Katelyn would have my ass.

"Is she ready?" The man asked who had pulled back the curtain.
"Yes." The nurse answer, right before dispensing the needle. I was shooed out of the room and now I remain as clueless as Aphmau and the others as to what is going on. The only thing we know: Kawaii-Chan was in desperate need of surgery.

"I'm worried." I heard Aphmau admit as she clung to Aaron. "What if she's lost too much blood.
"She's fine Aph." I informed, trying my best to sound positive. I could hear it in my own voice. It wasn't working. Optimistic thoughts no longer entered my mind. I was terrified.
"Zane's right." Katelyn agreed. "Besides, nothing could keep that Meifwa down. She has too much energy.

Yea energy. She has that going for her.

Flashbacks entered my head to when I found her laying in the driveway. She looked so lifeless. She had almost lost the will to continue.
"Zane?!" She yelped. She said my name like it was the last time she would ever say it.
"Zane... Zane?!" Katelyn shook me vigorously.
"Zane are you okay?" She asked. The whole group looked concerned.
"I'm fine." I stated bitterly. "I'm fine. She's fine. Everything's fine. Isn't that what you want?"
"What?" She asked, suprised.
I scolded myself at my outburst. "Sorry."
"You shouldn't be the only one apologizing. I blamed you for this whole mess." Katelyn admitted.
"It's okay. You were just be yourself."
"Thanks- hey!"
The group laughed and I figured perhaps we.could be cheerful again. Kawaii-Chan would be fine.
The door opened and we immediately rushed to the doctor.
"Is Kawaii-Chan okay?"
"She's not in pain, is she?"
"It's she still alive?"
We gave Travis the death glare.
"Oh Kawaii-Chan is fine! A remarkable miracle has happened. The nurse and I are assuming due to Mrs. Chan being a Meifwa, that has something to due with her rapid healing rate."
"What do you mean?"
"Her bones have already built 30% back on there own."
I busted through the door, ignoring the doctors orders. But she wasn't on the bed. "Well where is-" Kawaii-Chan was at the table by the door that I had rushed past. She was already trying to leave.
"Zane-kun can we go? Kawaii-Chan doesn't like this place, the food is terrible." I tried not to laugh due to the doctor giving me a look.
"Anything you want." I replied.
The bill was paid for and Kawaii-Chan is on cruches. Her calves still need to heal and she has problems balancing on her own. She gives a startled yelp and the group turns toward her, expecting to see her on the ground. Instead, she is cradled in my arms. I continue walking.
"What?" I ask, after the only look I receive from them are cocked eyebrows. "A guy like me can't sweep a girl off her feet?" Even through my sweater, I can feel Kawaii-Chan's temperature rising. I give her a soft kiss on the forehead. They look even more shocked.

I don't care.

"Zane?" Garroth asks, "Are you feeling okay?"
"I'm terrific!" I sang, taking off my shoes as we enter the house. "Never better. Why do you ask?"
"You've been acting kind of... happy lately."
"So?"
"Oh! Mommy is going to be so excited to hear that zuu-zuu has finally got a heart!"

I was half way down the hallway to my room when I could hear my mother's squeals echo through the whole house from Garroth's phone.

I sat on my bed and looked out the window.

"Was I becoming soft?"
"No!" I told myself. "You only had to be because of certain uncomfortable situations you were put in."

I knew that wasn't true.

Not only was I infatuated with Kawaii-Chan, but-

She was changing me.