The Sound of Silence

Ch. 20 plus over 10,000 views. You guys are unbelievable. Thank you goodness loves of my life.
Les get it!

This is too much to handle. That Zane. He couldn’t- he wasn't me. I can feel a cold sweat dripping down my forehead. All that I did with her, was any of that real? Am I faking? But that doesn't make sense. I would know.

My train of thought is going to kill me.

"Zane-"

"Ah- Uh-" Well that was embarrassing. "You scared me." I try laughing so she doesn't catch on. Instead she looks more concerned.

Kawaii-Chan doesn't answer my question, but instead crawls onto the bed right beside me.

"Kawaii-Chan- this is inappropriate." The fact that Zane had told me that the only connection I had to her was physically- I- I had to prove him wrong. There was more to us then a physical connection.

Kawaii-Chan frowns, her ears drooping slightly. "Does Zane-kun not like Kawaii-Chan anymore?"

"No- no- It's nothing like that. It's... it's complicated." I couldn't possibly tell her. W
What would she think? That I had taken advantage of her presence? A feeling of guilt washes over me. Telling her what had happened in the bathroom, arguing with myself. I couldn't do the to her.

What's this pain in my chest?

Kawaii-Chan seems to only scoot closer in curiosity. Her golden eyes are wide with wonder. She situates herself on her belly, her face propped in her hands, calves swinging back and forth.

"It's not something I can explain." I say. Kawaii-Chan wouldn't understand. Infact, she might deem me as evil and unfriendly again if I told her. I can call myself that. But Kawaii-Chan, someone who out of their free will that decided to look for something more... I can't lose that.

Her legs stop swinging. She returns to her sitting position. It's silent for a second and I'm hoping that by some miracle she's forgotten about this problem. It's not even a problem it's- "Why did Zane-kun punch the mirror?"

I turn my face away, telling her to go back to her bed.

"Zane-kun?" Her voice softens. I want to tell her so bad. Feeling helpless like this, Irene I hate it. She sighs, finally giving up. The air matress squeaks as she situates herself. "You might not believe me, but Zane. You're a good person. So stop treating yourself like a criminal."

I frowned, finding myself angry. "Oh! So I'm supposed to ignore my past? Oh! I shouldn't have known! Why hadn't I done that before!?" Am I mocking her? I can feel my old enemy crawling up my back, fueling the fire.

"Kawaii-Chan didn't say that!" Her ears droop, her hands waving frantically.

"And I should probably act just like you. Sweet, Kind."

Her bottom lip is quivering.

So why am I still- "Naive."

Kawaii-Chan stares at me. "Take that back."

I knew you could do it.

I feel my body shaking with a sudden moment of dejavu. Kawaii-Chan's crying. I get up out of bed beside her. My hand reaches for her shoulder.

"Don't touch me."

"I-"

My phones ringing. Within seconds, so is Kawaii-Chan's. I stare down at the screen, my brows furling into suspicion and annoyance.

"Aph? Do you have any idea what time-"

"Zane!" She's crying frantically. "T-theres a man!"

While I try to understand her spluttered speech, Kawaii-Chan can barely make a sentence to Katlynn. "Katelyn-sama, why are you calling Kawaii-"

"I need you to wake up Garroth. I k-know he's a deep sleeper. Just get him."

Sudden thoughts feel my head. Where were they? Were they home? After having dealt with Kawaii-Chan missing, I don't think I could take more of this.

Kawaii-Chan runs out of the room, nearly falling due to her socks sliding on the wood. I call out for her to be careful, but nothing comes out. Soon I can hear a whine like scream. Garroth comes stumbling into my room,
obviously still sleepy. "Wh-whats going on?" His speech splutters, confusion covering his face.

"I think-" I'm trying to put it together. Aphmau sounded like she was in closed space. And there was a man. "Someone broke in I-"

I can hear Aphmau crying harder. "Aph," I try to calm her down. "Did you call the police?"

She makes a noise that I can only assume means yes.

"Where are you? Are you some where safe?"

"I..." She's quiet for a second. As if not knowing where she had hid. "Oh geez Katelyn!" It's quiet for a second, and I finally realize that Katelyn had crawled into whatever space Aph is. "We're in Aph's closet." Katelyn says, "Someone's banging at the door. I don't know who it is, but we called the police."

"Okay good- good uhh..." I didn't know what else I could tell her. I knew the only reason she had called was for comfort into the police showed, but what about... "Why don't you call Aaron?" I ask. He hadn't gone anywhere. No trip or anything.

"That wouldn't be a good idea." I'm surprised that the voice on the line to say this is Aph. "T-The man, I think he-" The phone line beeps.

I shake my head frantically. "Garroth! We have to get over there and help them!" My hands are shaking and I find that I need my old friend to stay. It's not fear. It's anger, rage.

Kawaii-Chan, Garroth and I are scrambling all over the house, grabbing anything we can. I didn't think I'd be back in here again. I haven't done something to hurt anyone or damage property since highschool. There's a bat in my hand. It feels so unfamiliar.

Kawaii-Chan appears behind me, knife in hand. "I uh," she seems nervous just from holding it. She looks up at me, shaking.

"Kawaii-Chan. What I said earlier- I didn't mean-"

I can hear a loud war like scream. I set the bat by the door, each of us sprinting toward the window.

I expect Kawaii-Chan to say something, cry out or something. But as I stare out the window he's running toward Aph and Katelyn's window.

"Is that-"

"No- why? Why would he-"

There's a flash of pink in the corner of my eye. Kawaii-Chan is sprinting toward Ein, bat in hand.

And she's coming with a total vengeance.