A Letter

I pull back a bit, both surprised and nervous. A smirk appears on my face. "I like when you get dominant like that."

Kawaii-Chan's lips curl a bit, and I can feel her long claws around my shoulders, releasing tension. She lets out a small squeak, before taking in a shaky breath, and nearing my face once more.

"You guys having fun in here?" Travis is standing at the door, a smirk plastered on his face. His arms are crossed and he is leaning against the door, obviously eyeing our situation.

"Travis!" I don't know exactly what to say.

Kawaii-Chan gets off me, walking over to Travis and looking him straight in the eye. The door slams right in his face.

"That was unexpected." I mutter,

Kawaii-Chan sighs, shaking her head, she makes her way back to me, and starts climbing back onto the bed.

"You guys better not have broken another door!" I can hear Aphmau yell from down stairs.

"Travis, what are you doing?" Katelyns voice is slightly muted, and we can tell she's right out in the hallway. "Scoot over, I wanna listen too!"

I roll my eyes, "We know you two are out there."

"No you don't!" I can hear Travis yell.

Oh geez.

"Zane-kun?" Kawaii-Chan whispers. "Do you think Kawaii-Chan and Zane can get on the roof from the window?" She swings her legs off the bed, and jumps in bounds toward the window. Before I can answer, Kawaii-Chan's head is already out the window, her body not far behind.

I let out a shaky breath, as I see Kawaii-Chan turn around, waving me to join her. "Come on Zane-kun!" She grins, her tail flicking this way and that. I make my way off the bed, walking toward the window, getting a good look of the yard below. Kawaii-Chan takes my hand, she's already outside, smiling wide. It's not or never. I slowly put one leg over the sill, and then the other, slowly placing my self on the roof, praying I wouldn't roll off.

"Come on Zane-kun!" She grips my hand tighter, and I can feel my hand slightly calming. I nod. Kawaii-Chan runs up to the top while I do some sort of awkward crawl. The roof is rather slippery from the rains we've had. My body is continuously got a waking feeling of being dropped from the sky. Kawaii-Chan had already situated her self on the very edge, her legs swinging back an forth and tail swaying. I hadn't noticed it before, but she had this sort of air about her. It was sweet, beautiful, yet hard to penetrate. Her ears perk up as my awkward steps hope to get some sort of security before I situate myself beside her.

"Maybe this was a bad idea..." I mutter to myself, as I instinctively look back up after looking over the edge.

"Kawaii-Chan wanted to get away from Travis and Katelyn." She admits.

"I don't blame you." I let out a small laugh as she lets out a soft giggle, sighing and resting her head on my shoulder.

"Heh," There goes that noise again. I'm nervous, yet confident. Scared, yet thrilled.

"Would Zane mind if..." Kawaii-Chan starts muttering, and I admit that I'm quite intrigued. Especially if I'm the main subject. "Could I teach you how to bake?"

"Bake?" I ask, I laugh for a second. I know how to bake. I shrug. "Sure."

Kawaii-Chan's face erupts into an enormous smile as she throws her arms around me giving me a tight hug. She stops for a second. "They left!"

"Huh?" Apparently, Travis and Katelyn had gone over to Garroth's house. Timing is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Kawaii-Chan runs down the roof, at which a yell at her to be careful. She turns around with a small pout before winking and holding one eye wide, her tongue sticking out.

"You did not just do that." I shake my head. Kawaii-Chan giggles, already jumping through the window. I do my steady crawl again, falling, but grateful it was through the window. I'm back in Kawaii-Chan's room, Meifwa no where in sight. "Oh, you're hiding?"

I swear I can hear a giggle. "Kawaii-Chan~" By the door, a flash of pink catches my eye. To my dissapointment, it's not Kawaii-Chan, but a small envelope. My curiosity peaks. I shrug, "Might as well," It opens easily. It had obviously been torn. "Kawaii-Chan?" I mutter, "Are you cheating on me?" Who else would send a pink letter with a heart on it. The paper slips out, and I unfold it, fully intrigued.

Ms. Chan,

      We're sorry to inform you that there are no positions at the maid cafe currently at this time. Your previous work here is deeply appreciated, but due to certain circumstances. We can not hire at this time.

   We wish you the best,
       Maid Cafe Services

I stand still for a moment, mainly thinking of how to confront Kawaii-Chan. I shake my head, scolding myself. It was none of my business. I here small steps and the letter immediately slips into my pocket.

"Zane-kun!" Kawaii-Chan beams, "Why didn't you come find me?"

"Oh I-" Why wouldn't they take her back? She didn't quit. So why would they need to? Did they fire her? "Didn't you say something about teaching me how to bake?" I smile. That lie was pretty smooth.

Kawaii-Chan takes my hand, and we basically fly down the stairs.

"Here!" She says, throwing three eggs. Luckily, I catch them a bit shocked. I continue watching her behavior. I know she read the letter, but she doesn't seem to care.

Kawaii-Chan sets a glass bowl onto the counter. Now you stir.

Now comes your talent Zane. Lying.

I hold the whisk limp, acting as if I don't fully understand.

"No Zane-kun!"  Kawaii-Chan let's out a small laugh before walking in front of me and taking my hand in her own. "See?" She set the pace at a very fast motion, a lot faster than what I was used to when i was baking. It was nice to say the least. Kawaii-Chan's cheeks were a rosy pink, her eyes filled with anticipation. She stated adding a number of other ingredients, with each one telling me to continue whisking.

She sets the batter in a pan. Evidentally we were making a cake, not cupcakes, like I had secretly hoped.

We sit on the couch, Kawaii-Chan casually leaned against me, and I leaning back. "When you think it's gonna be done?" I ask, continuously clicking the remote.

"Soon!" Kawaii-Chan says, "Kawaii-Chan's so glad to share this moment with you!"

"Uhh... so am I!" I didn't quite understand what she meant, but I didn't want to ruin her cheery mood. Speaking of which- I adjusted myself a bit, feeling the letter stab my side slightly. I had to ask her about it, but when? Why? She seemed so happy right now, and I didn't want to ruin the mood.

I'm so lost in thought, I don't notice Kawaii-Chan getting up and sitting in my lap. Kawaii-Chan gently rakes her slender fingers through my hair, and I can feel my face go hot. "Zane-kun has such nice hair." She purrs.

"Uhh... thanks?" I'm not used to compliments, and I'm not certainly used to being petted. Kawaii-Chan sighs, wrapping her arms below my own. I pat her back gently giving out a small chuckle. Until I feel something fall out of my pocket.