Now what?

As I gave Kawaii-Chan a tight squeeze, I took in a breath of her scent. She smelled like pastries, sugar, and something along the lines of citrus. I suddenly felt something like earlier- it- it- wasn't a purr. Was she shaking? I took my hands away from her waist, not knowing what to do. I wanted this but- how? Kawaii-Chan is such a sweet girl.

Kawaii-Chan's purring seems to have erupted- but even so- the thought that she'd want to-

"Zane-kun?" Kawaii-Chan's voice brought me back to the task at hand. "Are you okay? Your face is really red." she let out a small giggle, smiling from ear to ear. "Like a strawberry!"

I tried to laugh, maybe let out a startled chuckle- but I was too lost in thought. "O-oh me? I'm just peachy!" Would she be okay with us sharing something more than just a hug? There was only one way to find out. And I wasn't trying it anytime soon.

"That's good," she said cuddling back into me. "This is nice."

"Yea, nice." I should be happy with this. Kawaii-Chan, an unrealistic girl, was happy in my arms. She seemed so at peace. Could I pass any boundaries? I didn't want her to become like me- corrupted. I wanted her to stay how she was. A girl who likes baking, and talks in third person, without a care in the world of what people said about how pink she looked. If she were to dull, like me, I don't know if I could forgive myself.

Stop Zane.

She's changed you. How could you change her? Stop making excuses.

I wanted to kiss her- something! But I couldn't imagine all of the possible reactions.

"Ohh~ Zane~" She might say- - no... what the hell, she'd never say that.

"Kawaii-Chan?" I asked.

She stopped purring, taking her head off my chest and sitting up. "Yes Zane?"

I took this opportunity to sit up as well. Kawaii-Chan straddled my lap, both her hands on my shoulders.

"Can I-" How was I nervous! I wanted this! "May I-" Her eyes were wide, pure innocence and happiness. She smiled brightly. How could I ask her? Even if I did it would be to soon.

"What?" She asked eagerly, golden orbs wide with curiosity.

I shook my head. "Nevermind."

Kawaii-Chan seemed to slouch, as if expecting something. "Oh,"

We seemed to stare at each other for a moment. I could feel Kawaii-Chan's eyes wondering. "You're still wearing your scarf." She stated.

I hadn't even realised...

She reached both hands to the ends of the dark cloth. "Is it okay if I...?"

I nodded, as I felt Kawaii-Chan tenderly take it off. Her eyes stared at my lips, she had probably never seen them before. She started to giggle.

I could feel my pride questioning itself. "What- what!"

Kawaii-Chan sighed. "Zane-kun?"

"Uh- yea?"

"You're cute."

"I-I know- wait- wait a second I'm not-"

Kawaii-Chan's giggles began to erupt.

"I'm not cute Kawaii-Chan! I-I'm handsome!" I laughed grabbing her sides.

"Z-Zane!"

I don't know how, but we ended up on the floor, Kawaii-Chan continuously calling me cute, and me trying to gain back my dignity. But at this point, I would give up anything just to see her smile.

I sat on the floor, back to the end of her bed. And idea clicked in my head. "Come here Kawaii-Chan." I sat, my legs crossed, as I motioned her to sit in my lap. She was unsure at first, but decided to get comfortable. "Kawaii-Chan." I was going to say it. "Let me know when I crossed the line."

Her lips were furiously pressed together, as if knowing was a out to happen. I bent down. She tasted like strawberries. She let out a shaking breath, backing away.

"Did- did I do okay?" I asked, feeling my pride drop.

"Yea it just- kind of scared Kawaii-Chan -" Kawaii-Chan stopped and stared at her hands. "It was warm and... heh-"

"Maybe you liked it."

Kawaii-Chan's ever redding face, caused my courage to swell as I placed a soft kiss on her head. She let out a small mew, before I nipped one of her ears. Her whole body quivered.

I grinned. "You okay?"

She was barely able to get any words out of her mouth "Uh-huh,"

I took my hands positioning them in her hair, giving her another kiss. She settled more and our breathing seemed to become more heavy and hot.

"Z-Zane?"

I continued, giving her ear a small tug. I went back to her mouth.

"Ah!" She pushed me downward covering her mouth.

"What- what! What did I do wrong? Was it too much?"

"No- your tongue- it - it- tickled!" Kawaii-Chan shook her head frantically covering her face. She sighed, laying down next to me.

"You didn't enjoy that did you?"

"No-no Zane-kun, of course Kawaii-Chan did. Afterall it was our first kiss- so- it had to be- umm..."

"Hey Kawaii-Chan? Kawaii-Chan look at me."

She reluctantly met my eyes.

"You have nothing to be embarrassed about."

"Hmm..." She sighed looking back at me. "Could we... try again?"

I nodded, going back to kissing her again, her mews on a never ending roller coaster.

I decided to rest my hands on her waist, I could feel her eagerly pushing onto me harder. My finger brushed something soft- what was that? I brushed by it again, Kawaii-Chan letting out a small squeal.

"That's- Kawaii-Chan's tail..."

I stopped looking straight into Kawaii-Chan's eyes. "Is that okay?"

"They're sensitive..."

"Is know but... is what I did- can I do that-"

"Umm..."

"Kawaii-Chan, I don't want you to think I'm forcing this on you. This is a two person deal."

Kawaii-Chan nodded, covering her face.

"H-hey- Kawaii-Chan we can stop if you want."

Kawaii-Chan nodded. "It was really nice," she said staring downward. "Kawaii-Chan's just not- experienced."

"What? And you think I am?" I let out a soft chuckle. "Kawaii-Chan. I've never been with- anyone."

"Huh?"

"Nope, nobody." It sounded so sad, but I kind of liked telling her this. Letting her know that I was waiting on the right person- or- that I just got rejected a bunch of times.

She wraps her arms around my neck, her lips suddenly smashing against mine.

Author's note: I did a fanfic reading on Ch 1-3 on YouTube. My voice acting sucks, but please check it out. Your support is deeply appreciated.

https://youtu.be/kCWrlp3b2Cw