Kawaii-Chan, they found him.

It's been about a week since the incident and Kawaii-Chan's calves have healed at a miraculous pace.

Ever since I told her I liked her, then to say I couldn't- she just stared at me with utter disbelief, as if all I was, and all I ever said was completely fake. That I had just played her. I couldn't blame her for thinking that way. Why did I have to be so inconsiderate and selfish?

That's who you are Zane. An asshole.

She deserves better anyway.

A thought of her walking down the street with her arm wrapped around Damien's clouded my mind. I couldn't bare the thought of anyone claiming her as their own. She was mine, and I don't like sharing. But she doesn't know that and she's free for the taking.

The police called. They found a man caught beating a Meifwa with a bat.

I walked up the steps, all the way to her room. "Kawaii-Chan?"

She gave me sickly glare, frowning at the floor. She got up- her calves are a lot better. "What?" Her voice was no longer joyous. She didn't sound sad or like she wad about to start crying. She was angry.

"The police found a man. He was found beating a Meifwa down in Woodside. They want you to go down to the station to identify him." It sounded so simple to me. Just say his number and he would be behind bars for a good ten years.

"No!" Kawaii-Chan shook her head frantically, getting up and trying to busy herself with making her bed. "Can't that other Meifwa do it?" Her shaking hands start shifting the pillows furiously.

"Well she can, but she won't."

"Why not?"

"Because she's afraid."

Kawaii-Chan's hands stopped moving and she stared directly into my face. Her eyes were still wide and she shook her head. "I am too Zane." She stopped rearranging the blankets, and headed toward the bedroom door.

I found my self blocking it, trying to stop her from squirming past me. "Look at yourself. You haven't left the house in two weeks!"

"Please Zane, I don't want to see that man again!"

"Don't you understand!? The criminal is supposed to be in jail, not the victim!"

"No Zane. Get out of Kawaii-Chan's way!"

I let her pass and let out a groan as I leaned against the wall. Couldn't I do anything right? "Kawaii-Chan!" I followed her down the stairs. "You gotta go identify him." I walked over to the coat rack, easily identifying the bright pink coat that used to reflect Kawaii-Chan's personality. "You gotta go do it for every Meifwa who is a possible victim to a nut like that! You know what? You gotta do it for yourself. You're not gonna let yourself live like some type of prey." I tried taking my arm behind her back, taking her to the front door.

"No! I want to forget it! I want to forget it!" She takes her pink coat off, then putting it back on the coat rack.

"How could you be so selfish?"

She looked straight at me letting out a small hiss. "Kawaii-Chan's not being selfish!" She ran into the kitchen, trying to busy herself with cleaning whatever cooking supplies her hands could get a hold of.

"Yes you are! You could put his ass away so easily, yet you won't stop him."

"Zane, I'm afraid."

"I know Kawaii-Chan." I take hold of both her shoulders, trying to be as understanding as possible. "But don't you see? You gotta help put away the sicko-creep. Because that way- you can stop feeling so so- victimized. And be happy with your life again. Be the Kawaii-Chan you used to be!" I can't bear seeing her like this. Miserable.

I can see Aphmau and Katelyn at the door way. Kawaii-Chan's breath is so shaky. "Come on Kawaii-Chan." All she needs is a push. "Let's go." We walk a few feet, before Kawaii-Chan says no again. I can feel my heart breaking.

"Kawaii-Chan's not leaving this house!" She plants her self on the red couch.

"So you mean to tell me, that you're going to let that exact same thing that happened to you, happen to God only knows how many other Meifwa."

Kawaii-Chan covered her ears with both hands. "Shut up Zane!"

"I can't believe it. You're not the Kawaii-Chan I used to know. The Kawaii-Chan I knew could always help other people, she was always happy." I could feel my voice rising, something I had secretly promised myself never to do. Especially in front of her. "You know what you are selfish!"

Without a second thought, Kawaii-Chan's hand struck me straight across the face. I could feel the nails dig deep and I winced.

Less than a second after she held my face in her hands, spilling countless apologies. Her eyes filled up with more tears as she looked horrified at what she did.

"I didn't mean- oh Zane!" She enveloped me in a hug, patting my face. Giving me a slight kiss on the cheek. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"It's alright, it alright. Shh Shh shh. " I tried to get her to calm down.

It's like a cat scratched me. God it hurts.

Her eyes widened. She looks up at me, letting out a small shy smile, soon shy makes eye contact with Katelyn. "Come on Katelyn."

"You're not going down to the station are you?" Katelyn asked, astounded by how Kawaii-Chan had turned around

"Kawaii-Chan has to." She looks me straight in the eye, her face brighter then before. "Kawaii-Chan has to stop him." Kawaii-Chan turns away from the door, speed walks toward me, and gives me a kiss on the same place she had clawed. "Thank you."

I smile when she walks out the door. Katelyn follows be quickly mutters: "I am going to beat him so good."

Sorry I had to unpublish this chapter. Either chapters aren't updating on Wattpad, or my phone is wonkey. The chapter that was shown as the new one was NOT updated.

I had changed things before publishing ch. 14, but it remained the same.

I'm sorry if you received emails or updates, and it was the old 14