Thank Goodness

When Kawaii-Chan comes back, she still looks mortified at the scratches on my face. She gives me a sorry look while she stands at the front door alongside Katelyn. Unlike Kawaii-Chan, Katelyn has an oddly satisfied look on her face. I can only imagine what she did to the bastard.

Kawaii-Chan catches eyes with me again while Katelyn explains all the details of going into the dark room. The golden eyes flicker away, looking to the side. I can tell her face is getting red. Suddenly, there is a tug on my wrist and Aphmau is pulling me into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?!" She looks annoyed and I'm immediately confuzed.

"Uhh-"

"She's so sweet and happy around you!" Aphmau says.

I can tell she's talking about Kawaii-Chan.

"I know. Kawaii-Chan's pretty nice."

"She likes you Zane!"

"I know." I feel a bit annoyed.

"Wha- ugh!" Aphmau makes all her noises the signify she's pretty annoyed. "So!What are you going to do about it!"

I shrugged looking off to the side.

"Zane!" Aphmau tries to catch my attention, "I know you like her Zane!"

I hide my emotion. I'm good at that.

"Oh- ohhh! I see."

I look down at Aphmau to see if I can guess what crazy idea had gone into her head.

"You're too proud to admit it."

I shake my head. "You know, Aphmau, you're my best friend, but guess what?"

Aphmau looks up at me and I can feel my voice rising yet becoming lower.

"It's none of your business."

Aphmau's eyes go wide. I turn my back, about to leave the house, forget about it.

"Zane?" Her voice stops me. It's shaky and quiet. "Just- whatever you do, don't hurt her."

I already have. "Sure, Aph." Pain is searing in my gut. I had already broken Kawaii-Chan's heart. Could Kawaii-Chan still like me?

I go back into the living room where they're all still talking. Kawaii-Chan is gone, and I can only assume she went up to her room. I take three steps, then stop. Haven't I done this before? Gone to her? Why was I the one who always responded.

Cause you like her- we've already covered this.

I shake my head. I go to her bedroom door and knock.

"Who is it?" Kawaii-Chan asks,

I try to smile, "You know who it is." I try to joke. I can't even find it amusing.

Kawaii-Chan opens the door and immediately goes back to her bed, sits with her legs crossed, holding a piece of paper in her hand. I join her.

"What's that?" I can't help but ask as curiosity overcomes me.

She continues to fold and unfold. Stopping, she crinkles it up, and tosses it toward the can. "Trash Fanfiction."

"Oh,"

The room is silent and the air becomes thicker. Kawaii-Chan sits and just stares at the floor. She's not angry or sad. Her face has no emotion. I'm terrified.

"Look, Kawaii-Chan, I'm sorry about what I said-"

"You don't have to be sorry Zane." Kawaii-Chan says, "It was silly of Kawaii-Chan to think-" Kawaii-Chan stops and looks straight at me, already knowing that I understood. We were just too different. "I'll be out of your hair soon." Kawaii-Chan gets off the bed, the wood creaks and she starts to stumble.

"Kawaii-Chan."

"I'm fine-" Kawaii-Chan stops at the door. "Zane?" I can hear her swallow. "Does Zane- you know-"

"Yes,"

Kawaii-Chan throat suddenly echoes. Then I realize what it was. She was purring. Next thing I know, she sprints toward me and jumps on my lap, leg on either side. Her eyes look so scared yet so happy. "Are you telling the truth?"

"God, I hope I am." I sigh, laying back.

We stay like that for awhile. My calves hanging off the side of her bed. And Kawaii-Chan sitting right on my crotch. I need to control myself.

"Zane-kun?"

God I missed her calling me that.

"Can Kawaii-Chan and Zane..." Kawaii-Chan's finger traces my lower stomach as words try to come out of her mouth.

I don't know what she wants. A kiss? For us to go downstairs and watch MLP?

I definitely know what I want.

I feel a weight on my chest. I look down and see pink. Heavy purrs coming out.

"Heh," I didn't expect to be so nervous. I spot Aphmau at the door- which I would not expect- but after she smiled and gave me a thumbs up, I smiled back mouthing a thank you to her.

That's before Aphmau took a picture.

"You little-" I let out a harsh whisper before Kawaii-Chan looks up at me. Aphmau is gone.

"Is this okay?"

"Oh um- yea." I'd worry about her later. Just hope she doesn't ruin my persona on social media.

"Does this make Zane-kun uncomfortable?"

"No." I'm surprised.

Kawaii-Chan smiles. Looking down slowly at her hands before scooting up. And laying down closer to my face. We face each other for a second, and my heart's pounding and Kawaii-Chan doesn't look to sure. She sits back up, shaking her head-

"What? I didn't do anything!"

"Exactly- Kawaii-Chan's just not-" She shakes her head letting out a pout.

"Oh I see..." My throat let's out a growl. I sit up, Kawaii-Chan in my lap. "You want me to-" I can't help but grin, yet my head is still pounding. I look at her lips- a soft pink that is being grinded between her teeth. 

"Tell me what to do." I say, grinning at her flushed face. My hands resting around her lower back.

"Hug."

"Oh."