I Love You

I lay on the inflatable matress, hoping Zane would think I'm sleeping. He walks past me, and the creak of his bed fills the silent void in the room He fell for it, thank Irene.

"You really scared me today, charging at him life that." He says,

Maybe not.

I sigh, getting comfortable knowing Zane was probably very upset. Ears perk up ready for his lecture. My eyes are closed and I'm trying not to think about Ein. I remembered when I liked Ein in highschool- well I didn't exactly like him. He always gave me an odd feeling and made my hair stand on end. But after I saw how helpful he was to Aph when she was struggling to be alpha, I didn't think much of it. But evidentally it was all a cover-up to who he truely was.

Kind of like me...

I can feel Zanes discomfort just echoing off him. Zane already thinks little of himself as it is. He's not a germaphobe or anything, yet he always wears a mask. I hadn't bothered to ask him about it yet. His fingers are suddenly roaming around in my hair, and instead of being suprised, it calms my nerves. All I can think about now is Zane. It's not about Ein or anything that he's done, but what we did to get through it.

Zane and Ein are not the same.

Ein was always bad, he just didn't show it. Zane was always good, but he didn't know how.

Did he think it would make him look weak? I don't remember him having any friends in highschool. Not even the gang members wanted him around.

Zane's thumb rubs my temple and a peaceful wave surges through me. I can feel my eyes becoming more and more heavy until I feel a covering on top me. The blanket is cold at first but immediately warms.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you. I was-" I can feel him struggling with his words. His voice is silky smooth and dark and I can feel myself becoming lured into sleep again. "Wrong."

I let out a small smile, feeling warmth grow in my heart. He would be okay. It would all be okay.

"You probably don't know how much you mean to me. I can't stand that you almost got killed by that Pycho. And the only reason you were doing it was to prove yourself to me." He said. His fingers stop moving and I can feel them retract as soon as his hands begin to shake.

I frowned. He shouldn't feel guilty about my actions and acting so irrationally.

"I'm such a idiot." I hear him mutter.

I can feel myself shaking as well. Tears begin to escape my eyes and I'm trying not gasp for air or let out any noise. Him crying just scared me, like something that wasn't supposed to happen. But now that it has, I know Zane is more human than he ever was.

Why don't you just talk to me?

"You're still here." He lets out a small laugh, "I guess I'll never understand why."

I sniff, shaking my head, wishing he would stop pitting himself down. A part of me just wanted him to blame me. At least then I knew he was confident in himself and felt he had some sort of control.

"Kawaii-Chan?"

Sugar honey iced tea.

"I know you're awake."

"..."

"Kawaii-Chan." He gets off his bed sitting next to me. "What I just said," He rakes back his hair. I nod urging him to continue. "I meant it. You mean everything to me."

Am I all he has?

I can feel tears greaten until feeling his lips smash into mine. I back away, grabbing onto his shoulders, trying to breathe.