Judgement

Is it weird... maybe even irresponsible that Kawaii-Chan forgot about the court case? Oh... oh dear... author forgot.

"All rise."

Everyone does as told. I stand behind a stand. A werewolf with navy ears stands behind the other. I would be scared right now if it wasn't for the officer right beside him and the hand cuffs he was in. Orange is not his color.

I can't hear anything. All I see is the judges lips moving. But that's the only sense I need. I hadn't seen the whole video, never found a need to since I was basically the star. A security camera at just the right angle shows me locking the door. He's right behind me. I turn around. He's on top of me. I scream. No one helps me.

If I were to cry right now, it would be seen as normal. But as the scene plays again over and over in my head, I can see what an idiot I was. How did I not notice that bat in his hand until it was too late? Why didn't I run? Why was I too scared to fight back? My hands don't move or anything, no clawing, nothing.

I look to where he's standing right now. He's no longer smirking. His body shakes violently as he knows his life is about to be spent in a room alone by himself.

I pity him.

I shouldn't pity him.

...

Ein doesn't plead guilty. Though his face says otherwise. He looks empty. But that's all he ever was. Someone who solely looked out for himself.

"Can I have uh... Zane Ro'meave to the witness stand?"

His foot steps are quiet and hesitant. He sits, obviously uncomfortable.

"What is your current relation to Ms. Chan?"

I can see his face redden, making me smirk. His face goes back to its regular color as he sits up proudly. "She's my girlfriend."

"Okay, and you were the first to see her after the incident? Yes?"

"Yes ma'am."

"What was her physical condition?"

"Her calves were bruised. She couldn't walk... uh..."

"No need to be nervous, Mr. Ro'meave. You're a witness, and you are here to help me sort this out. You did bring her to the hospital, yes?"

"Yes, I did."

"Now, this is where the story takes a disturbing turn. Kawaii-Chan said she was hit by a car. That's what came in the doctor's note. Was it not?"

"In uh... well that's what she told me." Zane, out of nervousness and not being able to read minds, throws me under the bus.

The judges eyes stayed glued to what I can only assume is the note in front of her. "Is Mr. Ro'meave's testament true, Ms. Chan?"

His eyes go wide as he looks over at me. I swallow.

"Ms. Chan, don't look at him. Look at me. This is a very serious matter, lying about the nature of what harmed you. I am asking you the question, please don't look over at Mr. Ro'meave. Now, did. You. Say. That." Her voice is more firm and a bit on edge.

I bow my head. "Yes."

"Then how am I to be sure that what happened in that video is what caused it? Ms. Chan, I do not appreciate liars in my courtroom."

"Uhh..."

"Ms. Chan. I want you to give me an honest answer. Why did you tell Mr. Ro'meave that?"

"... I was scared."

"Well I would be too if someone was beating me up with a bat. I asked you to be honest, Ms. Chan."