Night Shift

Kawaii-Chan lets out a yawn.

Blaze has found his way to the karaoke machine. "HelloOoo to allll my babes out there! *hic*" Blaze stumbles a bit before shaking his head. "I'm going to sing.... something." He shakes his head wobbling back and forth. He starts singing a capella. And it's definitely not a song that exists. "I've been abused.... time after awhile." At first, Kawaii-Chan thought he was going to sing We are the Champions, but suddenly he goes: "Sweet Caroline!" He pauses for a second and Kawaii-Chan thinks it's safe to say he has given up the microphone. "BAH BAH BAH!" He yells.

"YOU SUCK!" There is a disturbance in the audience.

Blaze's ear does not react as fast as it should. He tries turning in the general direction of the heckler, though he has no idea how his mind is working. "Then why don't you try*hic*" He stumbles more and Kawaii-Chan can feel herself getting anxious.

"You only had one beer!" Someone else yells. Kawaii-Chan can nearly swear it is one of the werewolves that had came with him.

"Weak!"

"Get off the stage you dog!"

Blaze's eyes flash, and easily catch those of who had insulted him. He dives into the crowd. Kawaii-Chan backs up, getting away from the public. Soon, everyone is fighting, punching, biting, clawing, it doesn't matter. All bottle came at her head, luckily she ducked behind the counter.

"And I thought today would be peaceful." Jamie grumbles."

Among it, Kawaii-Chan accidentally gets hit on her back. She goes forward, not bothering to see who it was, before hiding behind the bar.

"Break it up!"

Her ears perk.

By the karaoke machine stands Mrs. Jamie, both hands on her hips. "Don't think I won't call the police! I'm pretty sure there are plenty of you who don't want to go back to jail."

"Back to-" Kawaii-Chan swallowed, suddenly feeling vulnerable. But she had just served some of them. They hadn't even questioned her being a meifwa. They were- nice. Could they have changed?

Zane changed.

...

"Well," Jamie appears from behind. "I must say I'm impressed. You handled yourself very well."

Kawaii-Chan turns around quick, her ears perking up. The day had taken it's toll on her. There was a small bar fight earlier and luckily it was just because Blaze couldn't handle his beer. "Thank you Mrs. Jamie-sama." Kawaii-Chan squeaks letting out another small yawn.

"Sounds like you should be getting home." Jamie says, observing Kawaii-Chan's eyes that were nearly closed.

"Kawaii-Chan still has to clean-"

"I'll take care of it honey. Just go on home. Cute as you are I'm sure you have someone waiting for you."

"Oh yea!" Kawaii-Chan covers her mouth in embarrassment, realization of saying her surprised response out loud.

...

Kawaii-Chan hums as she walks down the sidewalk. She's not scared or anything! The only thing I have to be nervous about is...

Zane-kun is bound to ask where I work!

Kawaii-Chan puffs out her chest.

She opens the door, "Kawaii-Chan got a job! And don't ask where cause- Kawaii-Chan ain't saying... s-word...." She stammers the last part. She was never going to be able to cuss. Her eyes are shut tight, ready for Zane's response.

"Uhh... Kawaii-Chan? Who are you talking to?" Garroth is standing there, looking more bewildered than usual.

"Oh umm... Zane-kun- Kawaii-Chan thought he would be waiting-" Now Kawaii-Chan sounds conceited! Oh no... As if he has nothing better to do...

"He's not here." He states matter a factly, "He's at work."

A hairball suddenly caught in Kawaii-Chan's throat. "Zane has a job- but Kawaii-Chan got the job she-"

"Did you actually forget? Huh. That must be embarrassing since he claims you're his girlfriend. Anyway, yea! He works night shift as security at the mall. Don't you remember?"

Kawaii-Chan feels her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. How could she forget!? Now she just felt like she had assumed that Zane was lazy and just sat on his butt all day. Kawaii-Chan can feel Garroth staring at her, as if he knows she's probably not good enough for his baby brother. But  instead of scolding her-

"Aww! Kawaii-Chan it's okay! Everyone acts a little dumb sometimes! Even me!" He gives Kawaii-Chan a small pat on the head before disappearing into the living room.

Kawaii-Chan thinks Garroth just got a little dumber.

...

Kawaii-Chan plops onto the inflatable matress, her eyes staring at the ceiling. "Goodnight."

Of course, there is no reaponse. Kawaii-Chan realizes that Zane won't be here for awhile, maybe more. How did he do it? When would he sleep? He had night shift, obviously not everyday but- Was that the reason he was so cranky? Maybe he just needed more sleep like a toddler needs a nap. Kawaii-Chan sits up, suddenly hearing something along the lines of a slowly deflating ballon. The sound is piercing and as she shifts a bit, she suddenly feels a sharp wind traveling up her finger. One of her claws had made a hole in the matress. Less than a minute later, it had completely deflated.

"Oh no..." She mutters. She could get some duck tape maybe, but it's too late now to ask Garroth where he has some.

"Well Kawaii-Chan can't sleep here... maybe Kawaii-Chan can-" She stared at Zane's bed such a temptation. "He might not like-" But she wanted to, and above that she deserved it. She had dealt with work and even a couple of people asking her out. And even though she had to admit they had been kind of cute, she had remained loyal to Zane.

"Surely that counts for something!"

Without another thought, she crawls onto his bed. Wasn't like he was going to be needing it anyway. Kawaii-Chan snuggles under the covers, taking in the scent. Pine trees and something along the lines of burning wood, but not too much of it to be overwhelming. Just enough so it reminds her of the camping trip they had had with the others. It was relaxing and homey. Kawaii-Chan couldn't help but rub her right cheek against the pillow, imagining to be his sweater covered chest instead. He was so warm when he decided to be. Zane had always so acted to cold, but inside, his skin was soft and gave her a warmth like no other. She snuggled deeper into the covers, imagining his arms around her.

"Hmm... Zane-kun..." With those last words, Kawaii-Chan went to sleep.

If you want to see my predictions for Starlight Ep.5 click here. Must warn that it is not at all edited.

https://youtu.be/VYe2yQQAa04