Chapter 1

My eyes fluttered open. Slowly, my blurred vision became clear and I saw the time on the clock: 5:00am. Ugh. Too early.

I had been exhausted for the past few days, moving from one part of the hospital to the other. I had been in a car accident that caused me to break my ankle and bruise several ribs. And on top of that, the doctors kept me in the hospital to test for brain damage. Luckily nothing.

The jackass who hit my car from the side had been distracted by God knows what and ran right into me. I remember seeing the headlights from the corners of my eyes but not doing anything. I almost let it happen to myself.

I laid in my hospital bed for what felt like days but in reality it was only a few hours. I took my pain reliever pills but when I moved I felt a sharp pain go through my leg. This is gonna be hell.

*knock* *knock*

I really didn't want any visitors.

"Come in!' I yelled.

A tall, slender man opened the door. God damn he was handsome.

"Um hi..." he almost whispered in a friendly tone, "I wanted to come and apologize." He looked down.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" I asked him very confused.

"Unfortunately I hit you with my car a few days ago and I can't stop thinking about what I put you through. My heart hasn't stopped racing and I feel a sense of calmness now that I have finally found which hospital you were taken to."

This mans words were being mumbled and dragged as he kept talking. I could tell he was nervous.

I was thinking about saying something smart ass-like to show him the pain that I went through but I could tell he already knew just by looking at him. He had deep blue eyes that you could look at forever, and his bold eyebrows pushed forward when he talked, showing his sympathy.

All I said was, "it's alright, it will heal."

"Thank you so much for understanding. I really appreciate it. I was very tired and I started to fall asleep at the wheel. When I realized I was going to hit you it was already too late. I truly am sorry."

He was so sweet. He made me feel very relax somehow.

"Truly, it's fine. So what's your name?" I asked. Hoping he would be up for a conversation.

He walked over to me and jutted his hand towards mine.

"Jake. Jake Gyllenhaal. Very nice to formally meet you... ?" he paused for a minute gesturing me to introduce myself.

I shook his hand and said, "Anna. Anna Konstinov. And you too."

Jake let out a soft giggle when I mocked him. Then he sat down in the folding chair by the window.

"Is that Russian? You have a beautiful name."

I felt my face grow red at the compliment and I tried to control myself.

"Ukrainian, yes. And thank you."

We kept our small talk up for another hour and a half. I learned that Jake was the right around my age, only two years older at 29. He was a trainer at a rehab center, and he lived right here in New York City close to my apartment.

It was weird how an event so horrific brought us together. When I spoke to him I felt like I had known him my whole life and could tell him anything. He had such a warm face and a soothing voice. He was very welcoming.

---------------------------------------------

Alright first chapter is up! This is my first story I'm writing so I hope you guys all like it. There will be lots of romance and lots of drama but it will all be exciting and new. Enjoy! 