Chapter 19

I woke up to the sun shining in my face through the windows and music playing from outside Jake's bedroom. It smelled good too, like a nice American breakfast. I got up slowly and walked to the kitchen where I found Jake making breakfast... shirtless. Damn. I watched from the doorway for a few seconds watching his back muscles retract as he moved. When the floor creeked beneath me he turned around and showed a shocked look on his face.

    "Oh shit, I'm sorry I didn't know you were right there," he said. Jake walked over to the coach and pulled on a shirt that was laying there. "You want some eggs and bacon?"

"Yeah, I'd love some. Thank you."

     He gave me a plate filled with food and we both sat across from each other at his dining room table. We ate for a short while in silence but it was itching my mouth not to talk about last night.

"Listen, I'm sorry about last night. I don't know what came over me, I just went over board," I said, embarrassed.

     "No, its okay. Don't worry about it. I just wasn't prepared for it, haha."

"I'm such an idiot." I put my head in my hands in disappointment. We sat there inaudible until Jake said:

     "If it makes you feel better, you were a pretty good kisser."

"Oh yeah thanks, that makes me feel a lot better," I said sarcastically while laughing.

     "Are you done with your food?" he asked while nodding at my plate.

"Yeah, thanks. I should probably get working on the new place soon. Thanks for taking me in last night."

     "Not a problem. You can come over any time, just give me a call," he said, "and hey, if you need help moving your furniture or anything, let me know. I get off of work at 6 today."

"For sure, I'll let you know. Thank you."

     With that, we said our goodbyes and I headed home. I took a nice short walk through the city, hoping to exercise my hip some more to fasten the healing process. The whole time I was thinking about that kiss. Was it a mistake? I mean, I don't think it was because it was amazing. I just don't know if that's what he wanted.

     I arrived at my apartment but immediately hopped in my car to go to a furniture store about 10 blocks away. I needed a lot of new things and I had a low budget. I looked at beds first and found a nice full sized bed that I paired up with a white comforter. Then I found a white couch and a glass coffee table for the living room. I decided to just buy a new small kitchen table and take the rest of my appliances from my old apartment. After buying everything I scheduled for the company to move everything in that day, which they happily obliged to do.

     *flashback a few hours later*

     It's perfect. This is my dream apartment. Everything fit so well together like puzzle pieces and I couldn't be happier. The finished kitchen was all white and silver, my living room was roomy and light with the simple furniture I picked, and my bedroom was comfy and elegant with the white walls and the chandelier that came with the apartment. I wanted to show the whole world my new place but I only knew one person I could actually call.

-----------------------------------------------------------

     I'm soooooo sorry for the long wait. I've been so busy but its summer vacation where I live so hopefully you'll be seeing more chapters from me. Please leave comments (good or bad) or recommendations so I can make this story more enjoyable for you guys! 💛❤💛