Chapter 4

'I want to be his girlfriend but I'm scared it will ruin our friendship. What should I do?' Monica, 17, Delaware.

It was questions like these that I never knew how to respond to. This question was submitted to 'Sixteen' magazine, one of the most popular magazines I wrote for. Monica and I had the same issue.

Jake has been coming over at night helping me exercise on my ankle. It's almost completely healed now. But the last few days have been boring. My family has been busy and Jake has been working a lot. I feel as though my writing is falling into a ditch. Fucking sucks.

But today Jake and I made plans. Since my ankle was finally healed I could walk around the city again so I agreed to going on a run through central park with Jake. I met him at his apartment around 4 pm.

His apartment was surprisingly nice. It was very modern with warm colors scattered throughout that gave his apartment a cozy vibe. The living room was fairly large with a sofa across from a television set, separated by a beige rug in between. And off to the left was a doorway to the kitchen which was small. To the right of the living room was Jake's room which was light because of the large window. The whole room was white. White curtains, king sized bed with a white comforter, white walls, etc... And the bathroom connected to it was all white too. Everything looked so neat and put together.

"You like the place?" Jake asked me after giving me a tour.

"Very nice, Mr. Gyllenhaal. I never knew you had so much style." I said, giggling.

"There's many things you don't know about me." he said in a deep voice sarcastically. Although it was true.

We both let out a few laughs. I loved how his sarcastic personality matched mine.

We left the apartment and started our run once we got to Central Park. Jake was in very good shape. We weren't even halfway through the park when I was tired and Jake was barely even breathing hard. I tried to hide my uneven breaths for a lack of embarassment and I kept trudging through the cramps to keep up with Jake.

When we were almost all the way through the park we were at a light jog but it had started to rain. It was only sprinkling when we started to make our way back and by the time we made it back to 5th avenue it was pouring. Jake held my hand as we sprinted through the rain so I wouldn't fall behind.

We made it to his apartment drenched with water.

"I'll go get you some clean clothes." Jake said.

I nodded and he brought back a towel which he wrapped me in. Then he walked to his room to go get me some clothes. I wandered into his living room where I noticed Jake out of the corner of my eye through his bedroom doorway. He was pulling his shirt over his head and I could see his defined back muscles. Damn. He then started to pull down his pants so I looked away before I could see anything.

After Jake had finished changing, he brought the clean clothes to me and I went to his room to change. I took off my shorts and t shirt and put on the sweatpants and dry t shirt he gave me. I looked like hell because both items were huge but it wasn't a big deal at all.

I caught myself looking around the room at pictures that were on Jake's nightstand and dresser. There were a few pictures of Jake with his friends but there were more of him with people who seemed to be his family.

"What are you looking at?" I heard Jake ask me. He was leaning against the wall in between the doorway. He looked so good in that tight white t shirt.

"Is this your mom?" I asked, totally ignoring his question. I held up a small picture.

"Yeah..." Jake mumbled and looked away. I could tell that he didn't want to talk about the picture so I abandon the subject.

He walked over to his bed and sat on the edge. He looked so sexy I couldn't resist.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hahahaha gotta wait to find out what will happen! Things are getting spicy between Jake and Anna. I hope you all are liking my story. Make sure to give it a like if you are and feel free to critique me by leaving opinions in the comments or by messaging me. 💛❤💛