Chapter 9

I woke up to my phone ringing in the middle of the night. It was so late I didn't even think of checking the caller ID, I assumed it was Jake.

"Hello?" I said. My voice was groggy and my eyes felt heavy.

There was no reply. I heard heavy breathing on the other side of the line so I asked if anyone was there. I heard a click and the line went dead. I put my phone down and went back to bed, it was late and I needed my sleep.

The next morning I woke up to banging on my apartment door. First the phone call and now this? Who was bothering me?

I walked to the door and slowly opened it.

"You fucking slut!" he yelled in my face.

I tried shutting the door on him but he was too strong. We wrestled against the door for a few seconds but he pushed it open making me fall onto the floor.

"Get out of here, please, what do you want?" I pleaded and I felt tears streaming down my face.

This was the first time I'd seen Adam since our incident last year. After we had broken up he was stalking me, following me around and stuff like that. I thought he outgrew our relationship. What was he doing here? He looked so angry it scared me. His face was fiery red and you could see his veins pushing out from his neck.

"Stand the fuck up, whore," he ordered me.

Slowly I did and Adam walked closer to me. I turned my head when he grabbed my wrists firmly. He started leaning in to my ear and whispering to me.

"So you've been whoring around town, huh? I saw you getting some food and when I followed you back to his apartment I saw him fucking shoving his fingers up your whore hole. What do you have to say about that, Anna?"

He was scaring me.

"W-why were you following me? Adam were not together any more," I said hesitantly.

Adam squeezed my wrist harder so the pain was at an extreme. I started to cry.

"Shut the fuck up, slut," he demanded.

I turned my head and he started kissing my neck. I needed to get away but when I tried to resist he would only squeeze harder. I started yelling but no one could hear me. Adam moved one of his hands off of my wrist and unbuttoned my pants.

There was a knock on the door.

"Don't fucking say a word," Adam ordered me.

I was too scared because I knew his aggressive reputation, so I obeyed.

There was more knocking and then I heard his voice. My heart nearly dropped when I heard Jake say, "Anna? Are you there?" Adam walked over to the door and opened it slightly so his face was faintly revealed through the crack.

"Excuse me who are you?" Adam asked Jake in an aggressive tone. Adam knew exactly who it was, he was just finding an opportunity to insult Jake.

"Anna's boyfriend... who are you?" Jake asked.

"Anna's boyfriend."

"Jake, run!" I yelled. I knew what was coming and I knew someone was going to get hurt. Adam could do anything he wanted with me, I just couldn't let him hurt Jake.

"I told you not to fucking talk, whore!" Adam yelled back to me.

Adam turned back to Jake and swung a fist at Jake's face. It hit him in the jaw and I could feel Jake's rage rising from the other side of the room. Jake swung his right fist at Adams face hitting him in the eye.

"Don't fuck my girlfriend!" Adam yelled with rage.

Why was he calling me that?

Adam took another swing and hit Jake, in the nose this time. It started to bleed. I couldn't see him take another hit so I ran over to where they were fighting and started to push Adam off of Jake as much as I could. He slapped my face hard making me fall back a little bit but I came back forward pushing him back. I could see Adams hand coming at me so I reacted fast and kicked him in the balls. He still striked me but I got him good. Adam fell to the ground while holding his balls and wincing. I kicked him in the stomach while he was on the ground and Jake and I pushed him out into the hallway. We locked the door quickly.

"What the hell, Anna," Jake sighed.

"Ill explain everything I swear."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone is liking my story! Thanks for all the reads and votes, it really means a lot 💛❤💛