Chapter 15

*Anna's pov*

     I woke up confused in a hospital room again. I've been waking up in those a lot lately. It didn't take me long to realize why I was there; I had a huge bandage on my hip which brought the memories back. I remember running from the cabin I had just been raped in and then I remember falling hard on the concrete. Now I'm here.

     A tall, middle-aged doctor opened my door and peeked his head inside, "there's a man who has been waiting here for hours, would you like to see him?"

    I said, "sure," without hesitation which I realized was probably a mistake. What if it was Adam? But the man who walked in wasn't Adam, it was someone I never expected to see again.

     Jake looked handsome - perfect, really. His hair was a bit longer than it was in my imagination and his eyes were even brighter than I pictured.

     "Jake," I whispered. I was so shocked.

     He fully walked in, closing the door behind him, and sat down in the chair next to my bed.

     "You remember me?" he asked. His voice was different than I imagined, it was much softer and sweet. His question made me tear up a bit because I knew he wouldn't understand my relationship with him, so I just decided to avoid telling him about my imaginary life.

    "Um, yeah," I started, "you were at the car crash, right?"

   "Yeah I'm sorry about that, I was just distracted an-"

     "Don't worry about it," I interrupted.

   "I just feel terrible," he said.

     "Trust me, I've had a lot worse things happen to me, its not a big deal."

     "When I walked in the room you said my name, how did you know my name?" Jake asked, changing the subject. Shit I thought. I don't want to expose my imaginary relationship with him, not just yet.

   "Uhh, I remember hearing it when I was in the hospital after the crash. I don't know how but your name clicked in my head when you walked in," that was total bullshit. But, hopefully he believed it. "Why are you visiting me here, Jake?"

     "Well, I found you on the side of the highway and so I brought you here and waited in the lobby. I didn't know if you had family or anyone to call, you had nothing on you except the clothes on your back," Jake stated.

     "You found me? Th-thank you for taking care of me. I would probably be dead without you."

     "I'm happy you're doing well. You were unconscious when I found you. Do you remember anything before you were shot?" he asked me.

     I do. But, did I really want to tell him I had been kidnapped and raped by my ex-boyfriend? That I had no family to turn to so he released me out of the hospital and took advantage of me?

     "Well, I remember my ex-boyfriend releasing me from the hospital after I had woken up from my coma. He was threatening me to leave with him by pressing his hand gun to my skin several times, so, I just got in his car and he took me to the cabin you found me by. He um..." I couldn't say it, I was too embarrassed. I started to cry so I looked down at my hands to hide my face. I started again, "um, he was touching me and I tried pushing him away but he was too strong and I just couldn't do anything about it. He took advantage of me and I wasn't strong enough to stop him-" at this point I was talking so fast because my emotions were flooding out of me, I broke down into a hysterical sob. Jake got up and sat beside me on the hospital bed. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back with his large, warm hands. He rocked me back and forth a bit to calm me down.

    "Shh, its okay, you're okay," he whispered in my ear. "Everything's okay now."

     His soft voice relaxed me so I released myself from his embrace and looked into his eyes and started to speak again, "its just so embarrassing to feel weak like that."

     "Don't feel embarrassed. Its something that unfortunately happened but it doesn't define how strong you are. The fact that you even tried to fight back a man with a weapon shows so much strength," he said.

     "Thank you. That's really sweet.n. Do you think you could stay here for a while? I don't have any family to turn to and I don't want to be alone." I was hoping this wasn't too much to ask. 'Technically' I just met Jake.

     "No problem, however long you need me here, I'll stay. I don't want you stranded here by yourself."

     Jake sat back in the chair next to my bed and waited for me to fall asleep before he rested as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------

     Finally, a happy ending to a chapter, haha. Hope everyone is enjoying my story! Don't forget to comment on here or message me your opinions 💛❤💛