Denial and Hurt

When the pair had arrived at Dakota's house, Noah stomped up to the door and knocked furiously. Finally,  the door opened and a beautiful blonde with dazzling blue eyes answered and Courtney remembered her instantly as the girl who had broken Noah's heart 2 years ago. How awful.

But she could see what Noah liked about her. She was beautiful. And so perfect. Her teeth were perfectly straight when she smiled, her hair was parted just right. Uneasy, Courtney shrunk back a little.

Dakota grinned. "Noah! You've decided to come crawling back?" Her face turned to disgust when she noticed Courtney standing beside her. "Oh. You've brought her."

Angrily, Noah shook his head. "We need to talk. Now." he demanded.

"About the Twitter thing? Perfect! Come in!"

Her house looked even bigger on the inside. Courtney noticed how tidy it was. Awkwardly, she sat herself beside Noah on a Sofa that sat across from the loveseat Dakota sat herself in.

Noah was the first to speak. "Why did you post it?"

"It's the truth." she smiled calmly.

"That was from a while ago, you know it." he snapped. Courtney was having a difficult time following the quick short replies.

"Oh, no it wasn't, don't you know?"

Courtney's heart stopped at the thought of that I love you she saw on the screen when Noah had shown her it earlier...it was recent?

"I don't think you remember...let me refresh you. A week or two ago, you said something about going out with the guys that night: Shayne, Ian, Anthony, the others? Well, I think you said the three girls were also out somewhere....you were drunk, Noah."

Noah's eyes widened. "N-No..."

"No need to deny it Noah. She's already gone. She's heard what she wanted." he turned and sure enough, Courtney was nowhere to be seen.

"What's your problem?"

"I should have never left you Noah....it was a mistake. She doesn't deserve you."

But Noah ignored her, taking off out the door after Courtney.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
A/N: have a depressing but amazing song for a depressing-ish chapter. Also I might double post today because I just did so much homework and writing is so much better than homework.