Love Heals

"Courtney, come on,  please get in the car."

When he found her, eventually, he found her alone, sitting on a bench on the side of the road. It had taken a bit to find her since she ran off as soon as she heard it.

"I don't want to." she's been saying this a lot in the past few minutes.

Sighing, he pulled into a nearby parking lot and went back over to where Courtney was. He tried to put an arm around her but she shoved him off.

"Where are you planning on going?" he asked calmly and she shrugged.

"I was just going to stay here." Courtney answered carefully and he sighed.

"Then I'm staying here too. In not leaving you alone and angry. How about you tell me exactly why you're so bothered about it." he replied.

"That should be obvious!"

"I know. But I want to hear it from you."

He saw a tear roll down her cheek and he suddenly knew he was winning. He put an arm across her shoulders and tugged her closer to him. She let him finally, tears wetting the sleeve of his shirt.

"Noah, do you still love her?"

"No. Absolutely not. I may have still felt something for her like maybe a week after we broke up, but nothing's there any more. I'm yours and I don't want to be anyone else's."

"Really?"

"Yes. I love you Courtney Miller." he looked as if he wanted to say more, and she noticed him fidget nervously,  but nothing more was said.

Just silence between the two of them for quite a long time.

Her mind was racing, her thoughts dragging her to one single question: If he were to say more...what would he have said?

She knew what she wanted but she knew he was nervous. It was clear he wanted to ask, he was going to ask...someday.

Today just wasn't the day.

She pulled him into a hug. A long one,  all of the stupid silly fears she had suddenly gotten not too long ago were shrinking away with each second. Courtney noted how emotional she had been feeling recently and she felt incredible stupid but curious about it at the same time.

Eventually she tagged herself from his grip and reached out for him hand.

"Let's go home, okay?"

Noah couldn't have been happier to hear those words.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
A/N: I have so many ideas that I have to hold out because in not gonna finish my book in one night as tempting as it is. XD btw Happy Christmas Month!