00. Prologue

Once in my childhood, my grandmother told me a story; a story about how I was destined for one of the greatest gift in the world. The gift of an Echo...

"Once upon a time, there were five families. These five families had been given a gift: the ability to never die, so long as the other half of their soul was still alive. This gift was passed down every three generations to only the females."

"Granny, why only the girls?"

"No one knows. That is just how it has always been."

"Okay, Granny."

"These special women were called Echos. They all took their gift very seriously, protecting their other halfs with all they had."

"When am I going to be able to protect my Echo, Granny?"

"When you get older little one."

"I hope I get older soon."

"Of course, little one."

"Keep going, Granny! I want to know what happens next."

"But one family took their gift for granted, causing havoc all over the world. This family still lives, and enjoy creating chaos wherever they go, knowing that no one can stop them."

"But we're not like them, are we?"

"Of course not, little one."

"As my mother told me, when you meet your Echo, everything in your life falls into place."

She was right. Newton Artemis Fido Scamander was the best thing that ever happened to me.