21. I Just Want To Help

Myra apparated as fast as she could across the tops of buildings in pursuit of the Obscurus, "Credence! Credence, I can help you!"

The obscurus dived toward her, causing her to disapparate out of the way before continuing to chase it across the rooftops. As the blonde ran spells exploded around her, disintegrating the shingles. A dozen aurors had appeared, attacking the obscurus from ahead and almost taking out Myra, who leapt for cover, desperately trying to keep up.

The obscurus veered to avoid the spells, leaving black snowlike particles that drifted across the rooftops as it retreated, screaming, and turned down another block. In a particularly vigorous display, the mass rose dramatically into the air as spells hit it from all angles. Finally it crashed to the ground and raced along a wide, empty street- a black tsunami destroying anything in its path.

Myra glanced at the other side of the street for a moment, and when she registered what she was seeing she swore. The blonde transformed into her animagus form and flew over to where a line of no-maj policemen stood with their guns aimed at the supernatural force powering toward them.

She swooped down and roared at them, herding them away from the scene. The cream-scaled animagus then started flying after the obscurus as it headed toward the City Hall subway entrance. It rose up over the surrounding buildings and slammed spectacularly into the ground just outside of the subway.

The streets suddenly went quiet. A pulsing heavy, screechy breath emanated from the obscurus where it rested at the entrance. Myra transformed back, looking down from a rooftop and the black mass shrank to nothing, and the small figure of Credence descended the steps into the subway.

The blonde apparated into the City Hall subway, which was a long, mosaicked, Art Deco station tunnel that bore the signs of having crossed paths with the obscurus. Chandeliers above the witch's head creaked and multiple tiles had fallen from the ceiling.

Myra could hear someone, who she assumed was Credence, breathing deeply, cornered, like a frightened animal. She crept along the platform, trying to find the epicenter of the sound as the obscurus slid down the ceiling.

When the blonde reached the obscurus in the shadows of a tunnel, it seemed to be much calmer, gently swirling in the air above the train tracks. She pressed her back to a pillar before she began talking,

"Credence... It's Credence isn't it? I'm here to help you, Credence. I'm not here to hurt you. I promise I won't hurt you."

In the distance Myra could hear footsteps, the paces controlled, deliberate. The witch moved out from behind the pillar and stepped onto the train tracks. Within the mass of the obscurus she could see the shadow of Credence, curled up and scared.

"I know you're scared, Credence," Myra said as softly as she could, trying to get the Obscurial to relax, "I'm scared too. When people find out what I am they're scared. Even my Echo was afraid of me. And I had helped him for days."

"But you don't have to be afraid, just because some obscurials have done bad things doesn't mean that you have to be one of them. Credence, no one is going to hurt you anymore, I swear."

Slowly, the obscurus melted away, leaving only Credence, huddled on the train tracks. His resemblance to a frightened child saddened her. Myra crouched on the floor and Credence looked up at her, the tiniest trace of hope could be seen dawning in his expression.

"Credence, may I come over to you? I promise I won't hurt you. I just want to help."

When he didn't protest, Myra stepped forward, then hesitated, silently asking him for permission once again. The blonde was about to step forward again when a sharp burst of light blazed out from the darkness and a spell struck her, throwing her away from the boy painfully.

Graves marched down the tunnel with intense purpose, causing Credence to begin running away again. The wizard continued to fire spells at her, making her roll out of the way toward the tunnel's central pillars.

Another spell blasted out, except it wasn't from Graves, it was aimed at him. The spell was easily deflected by the wizard that it was meant for. Myra's head shot to where the spell had come from. It was Newt.

Graves turned to battle her Echo, and she turned back to where Credence continued to lumber down the tracks. Myra's eyes widened as the obscurial stopped like a rabbit caught in headlights. A train was approaching, its lights glaring from the darkness. 

Welp, that's all from me folks. I hope that you all will have a good weekend. I will be going to take a nap, now.
~ Aria