16. There Are Ignis Loquitur Flying Around

"I got us away from MACUSA!" Queenie's voice rang out through the case.

Myra stood up from where she was sat, now putting the finishing touches on the Hawthorn wand in her hands. She slid her bag over her arm and joined her Echo in going to meet up with the other blonde.

"Miss Kegley?" Tina asked, shocked.

To be quite honest, Myra had forgotten that both Jacob and the witch had been just around the corner while she had been talking to Newt, "Hello," she waved hesitantly unsure of how the brunette was going to react to her resurrection.

"You're alive."

"Yes, I am."

"And here."

"Yes," Myra began to feel the need to complete the wand, as if this were her last chance to do so before it would be needed, "Would you mind if I stepped away for a moment?"

"I- Okay?" Tina looked thoroughly confused.

"Thanks," Myra stepped away and set her bag down, waving her wand over it so that she would be able to step through into her cottage.

"How do you know that that's actually her?" The blonde heard Tina question the others.

"There are Ignis loquitur flying around, Miss Goldstein," Newt pointed out, speaking just as quietly, "and she provided me with a substantial explanation."

Myra smiled when he defended her, even if it wasn't the strongest of arguments, and closed the door behind her. She immediately turned to enter her bedroom and headed for the desk on the wall closest to the door. She picked out multiple shades of metals. Some were a dark grey and others had a bronze sheen to them.

She took a few pieces of each, more of the dark grey than bronze, and brought them into the kitchen. She set them down on the counter and bent down to the lower cabinets. The blonde opened two consecutive doors and began to haul out a melting pot and heave it up onto the stovetop. She then put all of the metal she had gotten from her desk into the pot.

"Alright... Now," Myra pulled her wand from her inside pocket and pointed it at the metal, "Incendio."

A steady jet of flame began to melt the metal until it was a smooth liquid in the pot. The witch waved her wand so that the liquid would stir itself and then turned to fill the sink with cold water.

The blonde picked up the Hawthorn wand and dipped the part that she had carved to look like an obscurus into the black-bronze metal. She only let it sit in there for a short amount of time so that the wood wouldn't catch on fire and quickly transferred it to the cold water in the sink.

A giant cloud of steam puffed up from the sink, so the blonde let the wand sit in the water until the steam dispersed. Myra then pulled the wand from the water and set it down on a towel so that she could dry it off. The wand glowed as it cast a protection spell over itself, a sign that it was ready for it's witch or wizard. The wandmaker slipped it into her coat pocket with her own Rosewood wand and then began cleaning up her work area.

It didn't take very long and soon she was out of her cottage and back into her Echo's case, "Graves always insisted the disturbances were caused by a beast," Tina was saying, "We need to catch all your creatures so he can't keep using them as a scapegoat."

"There's only one still missing," Newt replied as Myra walked toward them, "Dougal, my demiguise."

"Dougal?" Myra asked, causing both the witch and wizard to turn toward her.

"Slight problem is that... um, he's invisible."

The explanation was so ridiculous that Myra couldn't help but smile, "Invisible?"

"Yes- most of the time... he does... um," Myra smiled at his sheepishness, it was quite adorable.

"How do you catch something that-?" Tina her sentence off before she had to say, well, invisible.

Newt began to smile, "With immense difficulty."

"Oh..." Both Tina and Myra sighed simultaneously.

Myra smiled brightly at Newt, who was still awkward, but somehow managed not to break eye contact as she smiled at him. Myra slowly moved toward him, a beat passed.

"Gnarlak!"

The two sprang apart once more, "Excuse me?" both of their heads twisted around to look at the witch incredulously.

Tina was clearly excited, which took the blonde aback even more, "Gnarlak- he was an informant of mine when I was an auror! He used to trade in magical creatures on the side-"

Newt turned to face the witch more fully, "He wouldn't happen to have an interest in paw prints, would he?"

Tina scoffed, "He's interested in anything he can sell."

"Then let's go," Myra shook her head.

So close! Tina... Why...? Hope you all have a great week, see you on Friday!

~ Aria