Chapter 1: Beacon Academy

>>Pic of Beacon Academy<<

Faye's POV

     "What the heck is this?" I ask no one in particular when a crow mysteriously drops a grand looking letter before me. I frown as pick up the odd envelope flip it up and down in confusion. It has the crest of the Kingdom of Vale, gold curls lining the edge, but that doesn't make sense. What could they possibly want from me? I take the letter out, and read its contents;

     Dear Faye,

     Qrow here. Remember me? Of course, you do. Anyway, you're coming to the Kingdom of Vale. There's trouble here, and we need your help. I won't explain much in this letter, but It's important, so ya better come. I look forward to seeing how much you've grown, and how strong you've become. I'll see ya there, kiddo.

~ Qrow Branwen

     Wow, thanks for not giving me a choice. I chuckle at his carefree statements with a small shake of my head. He probably hasn't changed at all. The last time I saw him was years ago, where he said he was looking for the Four Maidens whereabouts. I met him by coincidence, but I was happy I got to see him again. He's the best, coolest, most awesome uncle ever, after all.

     I glance at the letter once again, before stuffing it inside my leather bag. I pull up my white hood, covering my fuchsia hair in the process, and headed east. To the Kingdom of Vale I go!

~~~

     I look ahead to see a huge, majestic building that you could call a castle. It would be hard to not recognize the damn thing. Beacon Academy. "Wow, it's been a while since I came here," I mumble to myself. "Is that so?" I hear someone say behind me. I quickly spin around to face the stranger and aim my pistol at the girl, giving her a sharp look.

      "Wha-? Chill!" she exclaims, raising her hands and takes a step back. "I ain't gonna do anything to ya!" she adds to make me drop my gun. I shrug and slowly lowered my hand when I realized that I probably shouldn't be too rough in Vale. I finally put my pistol back in its place when I figure she is a student attending Beacon Academy. The girl sighs in relief and drops her arms to the side.

     "My name's Nico Maize, nice to meet ya, cautious girl!" she laughs and offers a handshake. I reach out hesitantly and give a small smile. "Yeah, I guess," I reply. "Name?" she asks. "Uh, Faye Rose," I say and then take a step back, "It's nice to meet you too, Nico. But I'll be going now. Someone's waiting for me," I inform before I disappear from her sight.

     I won't be staying at Vale for long so I don't see why I should make friends with anyone. The last thing I want is to get attached to someone while I'm here. It'll only be harder to leave. I sigh and look down, thinking of what to do now. Uncle Qrow didn't say anything about where exactly I'm supposed to meet him in Vale. "Faye," someone greets and I look up to see a familiar face.

     A wide grin makes its way on my face when I see my favourite uncle standing in front of me. "Uncle Qrow!" I exclaim joyfully as I tackle him in a hug. A smile forms on his face and he ruffles my head. I feel like a little child but it's so worth seeing the guy I respect the most in this world for the first time in years.

     "Well, let's go," he smirks, pointing to the top of the academy. I give a weary smile. I am so incredibly tired from the journey. "It will only take a few minutes. We just need to talk," he promises as we start going up the elevator.

      "Qrow.. and Faye," Professor Ozpin says in surprise. Well, I am earlier than expected. "Welcome to the Kingdom of Vale," he says with a warm smile. I give a simple nod because what else should I do. I had only one thing in mind (other than sleep and how tired I was :p) Why was I called here?

     "I greatly appreciate you coming here, Faye," he starts as he sipped away the coffee in his mug. "As you know, there's trouble in Vale. Grimm has been attacking, now more than ever. They seem... different; stronger if I must. And they've been very close to getting past our forces to get in the kingdom. We cannot let that happen ever again. It would be tragic for the grim to enter Vale, as it is home to many people who are not Huntsmen and Huntresses—helpless against Grimm.

     "Thanks to Qrow, we have information that tells us that there is someone behind this. Qrow suggested to bring you here because you have good abilities. It would also be a good opportunity to meet new people." I roll my eyes at this, before listening to the rest of his explanation. "That's why I'll be assigning you to a team. All three of them are aware of this situation. You will work together to complete this mission and will be under the pretense of students attending Beacon Academy. The team will be led by you, Team FAWN. Is that alright with you?" he asks.

     I stay silent for a few seconds before shrugging, "Acting as a student isn't ideal but I can make do for a few months." I keep it short and simple, just like I always do. I say a curt goodbye before turning around and heading towards the elevator. I hear a sigh from the professor, but I just ignore it and waited for Uncle Qrow to enter the elevator. "You're respectful but rude at the same time. I just don't get you sometimes."

     I shrug and leave us in a comfortable silence all the way down the Academy. Uncle Qrow was the one that brought me all the way here. If he thinks this is worth my time even though I'm in no way related to the Kingdom of Vale, then I'll trust him on that. I step out of the elevator to see three people blocking our way, who included Nico. She flashes me a smirk when she catches my eyes. I give her a small smile of my own before turning to my companion for an explanation.

     "They're your fellow team members. Talk it out with them. Whatever you thought of during the time Ozpin told you about the Grimm attacking Vale. You can do it after you rest or something though. Use the address I gave you earlier. That will be your temporary residence until you get a room in the academy," he says before making his way through the three. I purse my lips, clearly not wanting to work with anyone. "See ya around, guys. Good luck," Uncle Qrow waves as he disappears from our sight.

     I sigh and decide the first step would be to introduce myself to my so-called team. "My name is Faye Rose. I will be the leader of Team FAWN."

     "Axel Maize. It's a pleasure to work with such a beauty," the azure-haired boy known as Axel gently takes my hand and kisses it. I give him a confused look, but he only flashes me a cheesy smile. I take my hand back and offer a hesitant smile, feeling only a little creeped out.

     "Ward Cortez is the name. I hope you will prove me right when I say that you will be a great leader," the white-haired boy says, definitely more serious than the one named Axel.

    "And you already know me, Nico Maize, so let's go enjoy our formation of team FAWN!" Nico excitedly jumps up and down. I chuckle at her kiddish behaviour and smile at the three of them.

     "I look forward to seeing how far we'll progress as a team. I have high expectations for you guys. As much as I'd like to spend time with my team, I need my rest," I inform with an apologetic smile. "Meet me at the gates at 9 in the morning. Don't be late," I say and finally exit the Academy, heading towards my hotel with a smile on my face.

      So much for trying not to get attached to anyone.

__________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!

~ Lyragirl11