Chapter 7: Who Is The Mastermind?

Third Person POV

     Faye lets out an irritated sigh, wanting to just flip her desk and sleep. "Damn. What's gotten you so mad?" Nico asks with a nervous smile at the look on her captain's face. Faye faces her first friend in Vale and offers a tired smile. "I'm trying to figure out where exactly those two creepy twins came from. As soon as they left, a rush of 20 Grimm came from the east. I don't know if that's a coincidence or... Anyway, If this has anything to do with our mission then we have to do something."

     Nico takes a look at the papers on Faye's desk to see what she gathered and is amazed. "The information that the specialists of Vale collected is pretty impressive," Faye says with a smirk, "But there's no information on where exactly the bomb came from and who did it."

     Nico scans the paper once again and frowns, "It is amazing how they have down exactly what the bomb was made of and where to find these materials and whatnot, but it's not what we're looking for, is it?" 

     "Hmm.." Faye agrees in dismay. She leans back on her chair and closes her eyes. "I wonder how we're supposed to do this," she mumbles. Suddenly, her eyes snap open with realization. She briskly sits up on her chair and grabs the papers she was looking at a moment ago. "What is it, Faye?" Nico asks in confusion. "We could-" 

     CRASH!

     "Never come back, you piece of trash! Try learning something from your friend!"

     ...Is what they heard right outside their door. The two girls share a worried look and run to the door. They see a drenched, frowning Axel with broken glass pieces in front of him while Ward is behind him trying to contain his laugh. The blue-eyed captain glares at Axel in disapproval, "What happened?"

"He dumped his girlfriend after attending her birthday party. And you can guess what happened next," Ward says, shaking his head and chuckling. Faye raises an eyebrow at that. "You- ah, forget it," she sighed, "Get cleaned up, you azure-haired idiot."

     Axel frowns at the name but heads towards the washroom without another word anyway. When he returns, Faye sees him sit on his bed with a smile. "How come you're so happy? You got a taste of a girl's wrath. You should be scared of what she might do to you if she holds a grudge," Nico giggles. Axel chuckles in amusement but shakes his head. "I can handle it. I'm just glad I got this pain-in-the-ass relationship over with already. I didn't like her anyway. She was so fake."

     "Then why did you even date her?" Faye asks with a disapproving frown. "Because she was pretty," he says plainly like that's a completely okay reason. Faye's frown deepens and an extremely disappointed look comes across her face. Axel looks at her in surprise and sweat-drops at the look on her face. He has been disappointing her a lot today. "And so you got tired of her now and dumped her? What a jerk," Faye mumbles, walking away.

     "Hey! I didn't dump her because I got tired of her! She's the one who asked to date in the first place and I thought why not give her a chance? I dumped her because I found someone I like now," Axel reasons with a straight face and a strange look in his eyes.

     Faye looks at him in shock. This flirt likes someone for real? Before she can really put her mind to it, the papers on her desk catch her attention and she realizes that she has better things to think about. "Guys, we have a clue for our mission."

    Surprise crosses everyone's faces. "We do?" they ask in disbelief. "Here," she points, gathering the papers and handing them to her team. Ward makes a confused sound. "Cenere? What's that?" 

     "Cenere Ash is a powerful and valuable ingredient for a bomb. Not many know where it is found, including me. But I heard it's only found on a certain mountain," Axel explains with a thoughtful look.

     Faye smiles at him before continuing his explanation for Cenere Ash, "Fortunately for us, I've been travelling a lot these past years so I know plenty about these things. Cenere is a flower found only in Meridionale Mountains. When the flower is burnt, the ash is used for weapons. It has an extremely strong impact but only when used right. The ash's power doesn't last for more than a month, I guess it's like an expiry date, so you'll have to use it before it gets expired.

     "If our enemies want Cenere Ash, they'd have to go to Meridionale Mountains. I know the patterns of this flower so here's the plan..."

     ...

     They stare at her in amazement. Axel thinks he may have found the one person who could rival his intelligence. "Sorry, but I barely understood what you said," Nico pouts. She's strong, but Nico knew that intelligence wasn't her strong suit. She usually counted on her brother for that. "Basically, we have to leave for Meridionale Mountains today so we can find out who our enemies are," Ward sums it up in one sentence to help the poor girl.

     "That's right. In fact, we're leaving right away. I'm going to go get permission from Professor Ozpin. You guys pack up for the journey."

     "Got it, cap'n!"

Some place far away...

     "YOU TWO ARE USELESS! YOU HAD ONE JOB! ONE! I EVEN MADE SURE THE BOX FELL INTO THE HOST'S HANDS. YET YOU MANAGED TO FAIL THIS MISSION!" A man who looks to be in his thirties yells in anger at the twins before him. He's an impatient man who needs what he wants immediately and without question. 

     "Please forgive us, master. We couldn't hope to take down both the headmaster and Qrow. And they might've called reinforcements," the blue-haired one reasons out. "It would've been dangerous and they might've gotten information on us," the red-haired boy says solemnly. "THEN YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN SLICKER SO THAT THEY WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE THERE!" He slams the table and, to the maid's distress, it breaks in pieces.

     "My lord, please calm down. Instead of sending these hopeless twins, why not send me?" A smirking woman comes out of the shadows with a hood covering her eyes. The 'lord' looks at her thoughtfully before mirroring her smile. "Very well, Olivia. Do not fail me."

     She bows in respect and replies, "Yes, my lord. I will make you proud."

__________________________________________

Thanks for reading and waiting so patiently for this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! Any helpful criticism is welcomed!

Note: 6/22/2017 Edited: 12/30/2017

~ Lyragirl11