Chapter 14: Rose Veloce

Third Person POV

     Faye grunted when Olivia managed to get a good punch to her stomach. She wiped her mouth and internally groaned when she saw blood. Faye thought she would beat most people with hand-to-hand combat, since she had spent most of her life getting by places with her ability to give strong punches to people who least expected it. This was because most people relied on their weapons, and it was rare to find someone that was physically strong too. However, Olivia had proved to be better at it than Faye was, and she figured it was time to finally use Luna Rose.

     She gave a side glance to Ward---who was currently knocked out thanks to the bomb she threw (she had hit him on the head with the back of Luna Rose's hilt when he got distracted by the bomb). Faye had hoped to finish the fight with Olivia before he woke up, but now she wasn't so sure she could. She respected anyone who was better-than-most at hand-to-hand combat. It meant something to her, and proved that their weapons weren't the only thing that made them strong. That meant that it wouldn't be easy to defeat her.

     So far, Olivia hadn't even drawn her weapon yet. The long staff was securely placed on her back, and she hadn't touched it even once during their fight, and maybe that's why Faye hadn't used Luna Rose on her. It didn't seem right to try and attack when Olivia refused to draw it out. However, she realized, it was just taking too long to finish up this fight. She couldn't waste anymore time - not when the Dragon King was just casually sitting there "knowing" that they wouldn't be able to get to him.

     Faye eyed Olivia when she just scarcely saw red dust blow from her back to her fists right before charging at her. Faye reached behind her to grab Luna Rose and held it up before her to block Olivia's attack. She frowned as she looked at Olivia's fists before it finally dawned on her. She didn't particularly have a strong punch, she used dust to make it stronger. Faye shook her head at her own stupidity and readied herself to block Faye's punch before finally making her move.

     A side movement caught her eye when she blocked another of Olivia's powerful punches. The sight of Ward about to attack her with his swords raised high caused panic in her and she frantically tried to jump back, only to realize that red dust had stationed her own feet to the ground that she couldn't possibly move.

--

     He wasn't very strong - the guy Nico had just fought. She defeated him in less than five minutes. The two twins were watching the fight between Axel and Gline, but they seemed too scared to interfere. Faye had set off a bomb earlier, so the other people ran off or got injured. So that left a fuming dragon king giving us death glares while still on his high and mighty throne.

     Nico shook her head and took deep breaths before concentrating on the battle between Faye and Olivia. She narrowed her eyes and gritted her teeth in aggravation at what she saw. Faye had knocked out Ward and was currently trying not to get overpowered by Olivia's impressive combat skills. However, Ward was slowly getting up, glaring at Faye with spite like nothing Nico had ever seen before. She couldn't understand how someone so understanding could possibly want to turn against them for absolutely no reason. Moreover, how could Nico be seeing him right now when she watched him disintegrate into ashes just a few days ago.

     A searing pain crossed her head, causing her to double over. It was too much for her brain to handle. She had to push the thoughts back. She couldn't think about those things now - not when it wasn't gonna help anyone, and not when she wasn't gonna get answers anyway. She looked up to see Ward watching her with calculating eyes, causing her to freeze. She just didn't know what to do. She didn't want to fight Ward, yet she absolutely didn't want Ward hurting Faye either - which he already seemed to have done, judging from the little cuts Nico had spotted on Faye's arm.