Chapter 19: Let's Have Some Coffee and Talk About Our Feelings

A/N: These are their ages in this book- Faye (20), Yang (21), Ruby (19)

Third Person POV

     "Faye. You're making excuses. You don't want to go back to your 'freelancing'."  Yang snaps her head up at Ruby in confusion when she hears yelling from team FAWN's room. Ruby shrugs and hesitantly raises her fist to knock. "And you most definitely don't want to leave Ruby and Yang."

     Ruby pulls her hand back like she was about to touch scorching fire and scrunches up her face. "What's going on?" she mouths at Yang, but Yang herself doesn't understand why they, of all people, were an obstruction for the captain to leave her team. They weren't that close, after all.

     "You guys can't be stuck in the same place because of me either. I refuse to be the reason you're breaking Team FAWN up. Life's never stagnant, deal with it. 'Cause that's what I'm doing right now, okay? If you don't actually want to leave, then don't! Faye. Please."

     Ruby gives Yang a torn look, "She's leaving?" Yang bit her lip at the disappointment welling up inside her. She didn't want team FAWN to go. That's just... sad. She could never imagine RWBY breaking up. Ruby sighs beside her, "We should go, we've eavesdropped enough. We can talk to them later. I'm sure Nico's fine anyway." Yang snorts but follows her little sister to the elevator. 

     "What was that about, you think?" Ruby asks, but Yang doesn't know how to answer that so she just shrugs in response. "I dunno. None of our business though. Seems like something their team has got to figure things out."

     "But they mentioned us," she points out. Yang stares at her for a moment before nodding, "Yeah. They did." But they stopped their conversation when they reached their rooms and soon disregarded the event.

     Perhaps they should've made it their business then and there, but they didn't. No, it was a week after that brought their curiosity to the table.

--

     Yang frowns at her scroll, feet tapping impatiently as she waits for Ruby. She was taking way too long.

     I just woke up!! I'll be there in 10 minutes tops.

     Yang huffs and types up her own message with a scowl,

     Ruby! I thought I woke you up before I left this morning.

     No more than 10 minutes or I'm leaving without you!!

     Ruby's text came almost immediately,

     I know, I'm sorry. I couldn't help but fall back asleep on my comfy bed. I could wax poetry about my bed if I really tried to.

     Yang almost laughs out loud at that one,

     Please don't try. I fear you might actually offend the bed.

     Ruby doesn't answer but that is an answer itself so she smirks and puts her scroll away. Her eyes survey the streets of Vale in a bored manner before lighting up at the sight of her uncle. She jogs forward, ducking around strangers in order to get across the street.

     "Oh, kiddo, you can be so stupid sometimes." Yang almost reaches him and can hear him talking when she finally realizes there's a girl standing with Qrow, making her pause where she is a couple of paces behind them.

     To her surprise, it's none other than Faye. Yang slightly pouts because Qrow only called her and Ruby kiddos. It's silly but when did Yang promise to always be mature? The fuchsia-haired girl sighs grumpily, "That's not fair. You weren't there when I hurt Ruby so you don't know how dangerous it is."