LaReimaja

When the Nectar Ceremony was over, Tarik starting making his way back to the hut. He was alone, but not for long. "Tarik!" called a voice from behind him. Tarik stopped and turned around, he tried to hide Lumeo under his robes, but realised it was no use.
"Ahmar?" said Tarik while smiling.
"I saw you summon that little otter! Congratulations!" said Ahmar while patting Tarik on the shoulder.
"Oh, thank you," said Tarik as he put Lumeo down. The otter sniffed Ahmar, then sneezed. Ahmar and Tarik laughed.
"Tarik! Ahmar!" said LaReimaja as she pulled both of them into a group hug.
"Reima! I summoned an otter!" Tarik said happily.
"I saw you summon him! He's so cute!" LaReimaja knelt down and patted the otter's head. Chan and Marlo caught up to the group and all of them made their way to the hut.
"Ahmar, come inside. It's getting dark!" called Ahmer's mother. Ahmar whined and said goodbye to his friends.
"Bye!" said Tarik while waving. Once Tarik and the others were inside, they all sat down on a mat and played with Lumeo. The children giggled as Lumeo showed off his 'dance' moves.
"Is his name Lumeo?" asked Marlo.
"Yes, I think it suits him," said Tarik while smiling. Suddenly, the door opened. Lumeo stopped and ran to Tarik and tried to hide.
"Shh, it's okay," whispered Tarik as he stroked the otter's fur. Tarik saw his parents walk through the door.
"We're so proud of you!" said his mother while hugging him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Thanks," said Tarik as he struggled for air. His mother let him go and smiled widely.
"Good job son," said his father.
"We bought home some dinner from the market. I would like you all to sit at the table and eat," said his mother softly. The family sat at the table and unpacked the bags with their dinner in them.
"Yay noodles!" said Marlo.
"Not so fast little cub, we need to speak to someone first." said his father as he looked at Tarik. Lumeo climbed on a chair next to Tarik and sat down. Tarik looked at his father with his eyes wide.
"Tarik sweetie, when you get older, and when we can't run the carpet shop anymore, could you take our place and run it for us?" asked his mother. Tarik paused and put down his food. He knew he had to tell them his secret soon enough.
"Mother... I want to become a Greencloak," he said quietly. Everyone stared at Tarik as if he was insane. No one spoke, or even blinked. But then his mother broke the silence.
"Are you... serious?" she began, "You want to become a Greencloak? There is no way in Erdas that your father and I am letting you become one of them. I don't want you getting hurt, or worse... killed."
"But-" Tarik was interrupted.
"Don't ask questions, boy. Your mother has spoken, your not becoming a Greencloak," said his father firmly. Tarik looked down sadly. All he wanted was to be a Greencloak so he could help people in the world and learn how to bond with his spirit animal.
"Fine..." mumbled Tarik. LaReimaja looked at Tarik sadly. She felt sorry for him. It looked like Tarik was going to cry.
"I can take over the carpet shop," said LaReimaja. Tarik's eyes widened and he looked at LaReimaja in shock. His parents froze as if they were making a difficult decision.
"You don't have to Reima.." said Tarik.
"No, I will. I want to. You can go join the Greencloaks while I take your place," she said smiling. Tarik looked at his parents. He hoped that they would give him a chance.
"Then it's settled. You can join the Greencloaks while LaReimaja can take over our carpet shop. But if you get seriously injured, remember that your mother and I warned you," said his father seriously. Tarik squealed with joy.
"Yay! Thank you mum and dad! Thank you Reima!" he said.
"No problem," said LaReimaja happily.
"Oh my Tellun, he's actually going to be a Greencloak!" said Marlo.
"Take care of yourself brother," said Chan warmly.
"I will, you guys stay safe now," replied Tarik.
"You can pack your bags now and leave tomorrow morning if you like," his mother offered.
"Okay, but I'm going to say goodbye to Ahmar on the way out," said Tarik. The family ate their dinner and prepared for Tarik's farewell in the morning. Once Tarik had packed his bags, he knew he was going to have a long journey ahead of him.