Choices

Lynk froze for a moment. Tarik could feel his own heart almost beating out of his chest. He was scared. There was a loud knocking on the door. Lynk pushed Tarik into a corner and ordered him not to move or make a sound. As he opened the door, Tarik could make out a familiar voice, it was Ricko.

"Lynk? What on Erdas are you doing in here?" Ricko frowned. "Aren't you on duty?"
"Yes I am on duty. I thought I could hear a rat in this room," Lynk said.
He's lying!
"Did you find it?"
"No, I must of been hearing things," Lynk shook his head.
"Have you seen any of my recruits?" Ricko asked.
"I'm afraid not, is there a problem?"
Stop it.
"No, I just wanted to talk to them," Ricko sighed and nodded farewell to Lynk before turning away and walking down the hall.

Lynk closed the door and approached Tarik. Before he could do anything, Tarik pushed passed the senior Greencloak and ran out of the room, accidently slamming the door behind him. As he came around a corner, he fell with a thud. Looking around, he noticed that he had bumped into Lishay, who looked angry.

"Where have you been?" Lishay grabbed him by the collar. "Dorian and I have been worried sick about you!"
"I went for a walk," Tarik freed himself.
"Are you feeling better?" She eyed him closely.
"Yes, fine, thank you," Tarik stood. "I'm going to bed."
"It's not even late."
"I know, I'm tired. I'll see you tomorrow," Tarik went to his room without waiting for a reply from Lishay.

Tarik sat on the end of his bed, deep in thought. The words Lynk said echoed in his mind. What did he mean? Who was he going to lead? He wondered if Olvan and Lenori knew anything about this. Lenori was the one who has visions after all, maybe she could tell him something.

Dorian and Lishay came into the room, interrupting Tarik's thoughts.

"I thought you were going to sleep," Lishay glared. "Dorian, why haven't you made your bed?"
"Oops I forgot," Dorian shrugged and face planted onto his bed. Lishay broke a small smile at him. Tarik however, remained serious.
"I was going to sleep," he said.
"Sure you were," Lishay sat next to him.
"Your bed is over there," Tarik pointed to her bed that was in a corner.
"Excuse you? I was being a nice friend! With that attitude of yours, I might as well leave you alone," she spat. Lishay went over to her bed and sat down, still glaring at Tarik.
"She's right," Dorian began, "she's worried about you, we all are. I don't know what your problem is, but you should tell us everything that happens to you, because one day you are going to be on your own."

Guilt swept over Tarik. Was he making the right choice here? Should he tell them? If he did, Dorian and Lishay probably won't believe him and say to get over it. He wanted to tell Olvan and Lenori first.

"Sorry," he muttered.
"You should be," Lishay turned away and laid down.
"Lishay-" Dorian was interrupted.

Ricko walked in the room and said that he was feeling much better. Tarik just stared at him as if he were a stranger.

"We have a new mission," Ricko explained. "Tomorrow we will be going to Amaya. One of the villages there has been having problems with bandits."
"Yay!" Lishay exclaimed.
"Okay, but I need food," Dorian said.
"Is anybody else coming with us?" Tarik asked. Ricko looked at him, concerned.
"No," he said.
Thank Tellun
"After you three have dinner, I would like you all to go straight to bed. That's an order," Ricko left the room.

Finally, I can get away from him, Tarik thought to himself. Suddenly, a dark, unfamiliar voice came into his mind. You cannot run forever.