Attack on Fort Zourtzi

LaReimaja was lost.

Fort Zourtzi was huge, much bigger than Greenhaven Castle. She wasn't used to navigating around large cities, especially one like this. She was inside the castle, although it wasn't really a castle, trying to find her way back to her room. She had taken a midnight walk to try to calm herself down from thinking about the dangers outside Zourtzi's walls.

Every corner that LaReimaja would come across always looked the same as the last. There were torches lit on the walls that didn't seem to provide much light. She had wished she had stayed in her room, but then she wouldn't have been able to ease her mind. She kept thinking about how her and her brothers were captured, and how she was unable to retrieve the letter from her mother back in Caylif. If Fort Zourtzi was attacked, it would be her fault.

A shadow emerged behind her. At first, LaReimaja thought it was her own, but the movements were different and there was someone whispering behind her. But she was afraid to look back, afraid that assassins of that evil man named Lynk's group had broken into the castle.

"LaReimaja, stop please," the voice whispered.

LaReimaja stopped and looked back at last, and to her surprise it was Faisel that had been following her.

"Faisel! I thought you were someone else, why are you up so late?" LaReimaja said quietly as she approached the older boy.

"I could ask you the same thing," he replied, and then with a hint of humour he added, "Are you lost?"

LaReimaja could see his smile beginning to form and softly punched his arm. "Maybe."

"Follow me, I'll take you back to your room," Faisel began to turn around.

"I'm not tired," LaReimaja said.

"Something on your mind?" he asked.

LaReimaja looked down and nodded. Faisel sighed and motioned for her to follow him.

"I know a place where we can talk," Faisel said and then began to walk forward. LaReimaja followed him around the 'castle', passing many strange and beautiful décor and paintings. She thought that if she worked hard enough, she could place her own carpet creations throughout the hallways and rooms of Faisel's home.

Faisel was wearing a dark blue robe, which was unaffordable for LaReimaja's family. She knew that he was rich, even if he didn't say it, it was obvious. She didn't say it either, but she felt grateful that Faisel and his family were being so kind to hers by offering shelter and protection while Caylif was overrun. She wondered if Tarik and Faisel would get along with each other.

"Here," Faisel had led LaReimaja to some type of balcony. She stepped out and could see the roofs of shops and other homes below. The moon shone brightly, casting its ray over the fort. There were guards patrolling the area, making sure that everyone was safe. The only thing that LaReimaja couldn't see over were the walls that surrounded Zourtzi.

"So tell me what's on your mind," Faisel leaned over the metal railing and looked at LaReimaja.

"Oh, it's silly," LaReimaja almost laughed.

"No, it won't be."

LaReimaja sighed and thought for a moment before going on. "I've just been thinking about my brother, Tarik, and the group of people that threatened my family."

"Tarik is a Greencloak, right?" Faisel asked.

"Yes, well... a Greencloak recruit. He's still training," LaReimaja replied.

"You are safe inside these walls. No one can hurt you, unlike Tarik, he is unsafe outside of these walls," Faisel touched her hand. "We would attempt find him, but we can't risk losing people."