Journey

Tarik awoke as the morning sun's light struck his face. He sat up, rubbed his eyes and got out of bed. No one else was awake, so Tarik thought that he could start planning on what to do on his long journey to Greenhaven. He summoned Lumeo in a flash of light. The little otter stared up at him.
"Time to go to Greenhaven," Tarik whispered. Lumeo squeaked as if he was happy about going there. Tarik crept out of his room with Lumeo behind him. He didn't want to wake anyone. As he moved closer to the door leading outside he heard a whisper behind him.
"Hey", said a voice. Tarik looked behind him.
"Morning Reima, I hope I didn't wake you up," he said.
"You didn't," LaReimaja said as she got up and walked up to him. LaReimaja was shorter than Tarik, she looked like a very young girl looking up to a very tall teenager.
"Oh good," Tarik said while nodding. He noticed that LaReimaja was looking at him sadly. "Do you... need something?" he said curiously. LaReimaja shook her head.
"I'll miss you," she said quietly. "What if I never see you again?"
"Reima, I will be fine. Don't worry about me," he pulled her into a tight hug, "I promise I will come back when I can," Tarik said. LaReimaja didn't say anything. Tarik saw Chan walk out of his room.
"What's going on?" Chan whispered.
"Just saying goodbye," Tarik replied. He let LaReimaja go, and she turned around and looked at Chan.
"You're leaving already?" Chan said with a thick eyebrow raised.
"No but I'll leave soon," said Tarik. Marlo walked out of his room, looked at the group, and went into his parents' room to wake them up.
"There was no need to wake them up Marlo," Chan frowned.
"I will meet you all outside. I wanna see Ahmar," said Tarik as he opened the door and stepped outside.
Ahmar sat outside his hut, drawing in the dirt with sticks.
"Morning," Tarik said as he sat next to him with Lumeo by his side.
"Oh morning, ready for your little adventure to Greenhaven?" Ahmar said as he through a pebble at Tarik.
"Yeah, I'm leaving soon," Tarik said as the pebble hit his chest. Everyone came outside and said their farewell to Tarik.
"The ship is that way," said his mother while pointing west.
Tarik made his way to the ship with Lumeo beside him.
"All aboard!" said the captain.
"Hi, may I go to Greenhaven?" Tarik asked. The captain looked at him with worry.
"Are you sure you want to go there?" the captain said.
"Yes", said Tarik.
"Alright then, we'll take you to Greenhaven," the captain walked away and gathered up the rest of the sailors. Tarik waved to his family and friends as the ship faded into the distance. Tarik smiled at Lumeo, "This is it, we're going to Greenhaven".