The Amulet

"Wake up, boy," a familiar voice whispered in Tarik's ear.

Tarik opened his eyes slowly, his vision blurry. What happened to him? As soon as his vision cleared, he shrieked as Lynk stood in front of him. He looked down at himself, noticing that he had been tied up to a wooden chair and he had a gag on his mouth to silence him.

Lynk smiled wickedly, brushing Tarik's hair away from his eyes. "Scared?"

Tarik frowned at the man, trying to break free from the tight ropes around his hands and legs.

"You can't break free," Lynk whispered, running his fingers along a sharp, silver dagger. "You will never be free... unless..."

Tarik looked up at him, fully alert. The room around him was very dark, the only source of light was a lit candle in front of him and the door in the room had light shining in from under it. It wasn't the same room with the cells, it was different. Had he been moved ever since he tried to escape? He obviously didn't remember anything. Did he faint? Was he knocked out?

"Unless you leave the Greencloaks," Lynk turned his attention to Tarik, running the dagger's point gently along his throat.

Tarik flinched slightly at the dagger's touch. Lynk took off his gag. "What do you say, boy?"

"No," Tarik croaked, looking down at the stone ground below them.

"I won't take no for an answer, Tarik. If that's how you want things to be, I will keep you here while I destroy your family and everyone you care about. It doesn't have to be this way," Lynk's voice was getting less calmer.

Tarik squeezed his fists tightly in anger and sorrow. "Why?"

A large boot came knocking Tarik in his nose.

"That's none of your concern right now," Lynk grabbed Tarik by his throat. "You should of asked Lenori when you had the chance."

Blood trickled down Tarik's lips and onto Lynk's hand, it was extremely hard to breath and he felt like passing out once again. "You monster..."

"I tried to be nice," Lynk's grip got firmer making Tarik go purple in the face.

"You never tried."

"I know where your family is, boy. So don't get smart with me," Lynk let him go and summoned his spirit animal.

Tarik gasped as he felt air come back to his lungs again. Fang appeared in a flash of light in front of the door, snarling and growling.

"Take care of him," Lynk winked at his spirit animal as he left the room.

Fang approached Tarik slowly, his menacing blue eyes glowed with a hunger of murder. Tarik chose not to look at the cat anymore, he hated the sight of him. He hated the sight of Lynk too. Where was Olvan? Was he searching for him?
Fang's paw steps stopped in front of Tarik. The cat laid down on his boots, tail curling around his legs.

"Why?" Tarik looked down at Fang who looked comfortable. The animal purred in response. Perhaps Fang wasn't so aggressive as he thought he was. Or was he trying to trick Tarik into thinking that he was nice? A gold necklace around the cat's neck caught his attention. Fang must of known Tarik had seen it and the cat rolled over onto his back, revealing an amulet.

"What is that?" Tarik whispered to him. Fang sat up giving him a closer look. The amulet was a golden fang attached to a golden chain. It was all gold but was it real gold? Was it a real amulet and what was its purpose? Fang growled lowly and turned toward the door that Lynk left the room from.

Lynk was planning something bad and even worse than Tarik could imagine. The Greencloaks will need to be quick to save him from Lynk and he will need to tell Olvan immediately.