Dorian

"Wake up! All of you!" Ricko's desperate cry echoed in the tent, scaring Tarik and his friends awake. As they rushed to their feet, the tent had been tilted, not leaving much room for Tarik's tall body to fit.

"What's happening?" Dorian cried as he looked above him at the tilted side of the tent.
"Can't you hear it? We're under attack!" Ricko grabbed as much supplies as he could carry and rushed them to the pack on his horse outside. Tarik, Lishay and Dorian grabbed more supplies to pack away before anything else happens.

Tarik could hear shouts of fury in the forest around him. An arrow flew right passed his face, stunning him as he saw it strike a tree next to him.
"What are you standing there for?" Ricko hissed. "We've got to get out of here!"
"Shouldn't we fight back?" Lishay argued, clenching her fists tightly.
Ricko's breathing was starting to get heavy. "We're outnumbered..."

Everyone except Ricko paused when they saw a group of three bandits surround them. One man and two women with swords approached as more bandits came in behind them.

"Get behind me," Ricko said desperately to the recruits as he drew his sword and summoned his spirit animal, Azrael, who let out a hiss of fury. Tarik and the others decided to summon their spirit animals for protection. Lumeo appeared in a flash of light, bearing his teeth at a nearby bandit and swiftly turned to jump onto Tarik's shoulders, squeaking. Zhosur roared and scraped his claws against the earth leaving three long marks in the dirt. His icy glare made another bandit pause in fear. Dorian's horned owl circled above, waiting for the chance to strike.

The leading bandit stepped forward. He was tall and muscular, carrying a silver greatsword on his back, a scar splitting through the side of his head.
"The village you are looking for has already been destroyed by the Conquerors." The bandit said with a firm voice. "They got there before us, capturing any villager in sight, raiding shops and houses before leaving. There was nobody left, and the buildings had been torn down."

There was a long moment of silence. Tarik could see Ricko staring at the leader, deep in thought. Lumeo's tail lashed from side to side impatiently. Tarik reached up to his shoulder and stroked Lumeo's head fur, comforting him.

"Liar," Ricko spat as he moved back, forcing the recruits behind him to move back with him.
The bandit leader laughed. "You Greencloaks are so stupid." He turned his head to the group of bandits behind him. "Kill them, I don't want to see any of them alive in the future." He moved away into the forest, only taking some bandits with him, but not all.

Tarik's heart pounded as he stared at Lishay and Dorian who in return, gave the same fearful faces as he did.
"It's okay," Ricko soothed before swinging his sword at an approaching bandit.
Tarik and Lumeo sprang forward gracefully, the recruit drew his sword and sliced into his opponent's thigh, hearing his agonised cry. The bandit frowned as he recovered from the pain. He came spinning and turning, slicing his sword through the air, almost cutting open Tarik's stomach before he jumped out of the way. He saw Lishay and Dorian out of the corner of his eye struggling with their own attackers. Tarik wished that he could help them.

Lumeo sprinted behind the bandit and pounced onto him, sinking sharp pointy teeth into the man's neck. Tarik raised his sword above his head and stared the bandit in the eye. He could tell that the man was waiting for his death without fear.
He was brave.
Tarik had not "found" much bravery lately. This bandit would of made a fine warrior in Olvan's army. He brought down his sword strongly as it hit the man's head, blood oozed from the limp body.

Tarik was just about to assist Lishay when he heard a scream from Dorian. Panic struck him as he turned his attention to his friend who was on the ground with a dagger in his side, his attacker staring down at him with satisfaction.

Ricko saw it too, worry flooding the great warrior's face as he threw a knife at Dorian's bandit, who dodged the attack.
"Get away from him!" Ricko's voice was full of grief.
Blood poured out from Dorian's body, leaving him pale in the face.
No.
He couldn't lose Dorian now, he couldn't see him die like this. Especially when he was so young.
Dorian! I'm coming! Just hold on...