The Truth

Tarik awoke in a strange room. He sat up with a pounding head. What on Erdas happened? He thought to himself. The room was filled with shelves that were holding different types of herbs and medicines. Where were his friends? Did they know where he was? So many questions flooded Tarik's mind. Why do I keep having this dream? Something isn't right... He groaned miserably as he stood.
"Please, sit down," a voice sounded from behind him. As Tarik looked to see who it was, he sighed and sat down. It was Lenori.
"Why am I here?" he asked.
"Something isn't right with you," Lenori mixed up some herbs as she spoke, "there's something you're not telling us. Something you're not telling me." She stopped and stared at him with her gentle eyes.
Tarik shook his head, "I don't know what you're talking about." Lenori walked over to him and put her face right in front of his. Their eyes meeting.
"If you do not tell me, how can Olvan and I trust you?" she said.
"Lenori, I don't understand any of this. I don't know what you want me to say. Nothing's wrong with me, I'm perfectly fine." Tarik moved back in his bed slowly. Lenori moved away, started mixing herbs again, and said nothing. Suddenly, Olvan walked into the room.
"Well?" he started. Lenori stopped again and walked over to Olvan. She whispered something to him. Olvan frowned at Tarik and looked at Lenori as he whispered something back. Tarik lay back down and curled up in a ball. He didn't understand what Lenori was trying to say or get out of him. Was it his dream that she wanted to know about? If so, how did she know about it?
"Tarik," Olvan said as he and Lenori approached him. "Can we have a moment?"
"Look, I don't know what-"
"You will do as he says," Lenori said calmly. Tarik frowned at Lenori as he sat up, then at Olvan. He nodded, he had to obey his leader. Lenori exited the room.
"Now, tell me," Olvan sat on the side of the bed.
"Olvan, sir, I don't know what you want me to tell you," Tarik looked down. Olvan looked at him.
"I see the way you look at him. I see the way you look at Lynk. Is there a problem? Lynk is a fine warrior in my army. He respects everybody in and out of Greenhaven. What do you see in him?" Olvan's eyes met Tarik's. Tarik stared at Olvan speechless. He couldn't just tell Olvan about his dream, he knows his leader will just say it's a silly dream and to get over it. Olvan trusts Lynk. But can the Greencloak be trusted forever?
"I... I had a dream about him," Tarik began.
"Lenori will want to hear about this. Stay here, and don't move," Olvan ordered.

When the two Greencloaks returned, Lenori and Olvan moved a chair for themselves beside Tarik's bed. They both sat down.
"Olvan told me what you said. Please continue," Lenori said. Tarik explained the details about his dream, including the fire at Trunswick, Lynk's spirit animal attacking him, and Lynk himself watching Tarik die without doing anything. Lenori and Olvan thought for a moment when the recruit finished.
"How many times have you had this dream?" Lenori asked.
"Ever since I got back from Trunswick, so twice now," he replied. Lenori nodded slowly.
"It might be just a nightmare. I cannot imagine Lynk watching another Greencloak die without doing something," Olvan stood, "what do you think about this Lenori?"
"I do not know, I need time to think about this. Thanks for letting us know, Tarik. You may go now, only if your head doesn't hurt," Lenori said as she turned to Olvan. Both of them spoke in hushed voices as Tarik left the room.

Olvan could be right, it probably is just a nightmare.